Principal Engineer/Analyst, Product IntegrityApply NowApply Later Job ID 814809BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 02, 2021
The Product Integrity department manages the safety and compliance of products being sold or distributed with Disney brands, characters and other intellectual property. Our corporate Product Integrity group is staffed with experienced engineers and safety professionals around the world verifying product compliance.
Research and Development :
- Research requirements of new regions and buyers, and notify stakeholders of upcoming changes to buyers’ standards, Disney’s Product Guidelines, and international consumer products regulations
- Develop and maintain Product Integrity program enhancements, including chemical management and periodic testing plans for assigned categories.
- Maintain and update Disney’s Technical Product specifications (Product Guidelines, Test Protocols, Packaging/labeling guides, etc.) by ensuring regulatory changes and retailer buyer requirements are covered
- Communicate with third-party testing laboratories and suppliers to ensure appropriate testing is performed, and develop corrective action plans, as required
- Maintain effective work relationships by partnering with assigned stakeholders and Buyers, worldwide, to ensure a high quality, safe, and compliant product is delivered within cost and on time
- Act as a technical resource and safety consultant to internal Business Units and external suppliers regarding appropriate statutory, regulatory, and Disney’s product safety requirements for a variety of consumer products
- The ideal candidate will have 8 or more years of consumer product compliance experience
- Must have recent experience working in a consumer product company with a variety of consumer product categories distributed into multiple global regions and can speak to the requirements in each country/region
- Critical thinking skills and ability to showcase those skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree in Engineering or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.