Principal Engineer, Product IntegrityApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10078612 Location Glendale, California, United States / Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 12, 2024
The Product Integrity team protects the Disney brand by ensuring Disney branded products meet relevant Disney standards and global regulations.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer, Product Integrity who will act as a technical consultant and partner on global regulations as related to consumer products developed and sourced by Disney, assessing the impacts of new and emerging global regulations, facilitating with the execution of vital program updates, and communicating updates to partners and suppliers. This entails a continuous vigilance over emerging global regulations related to consumer products for all regions of distribution, and the formulation of strategic compliance recommendations for leadership consideration.
What You Will Do
- This role will act as a partner and technical consultant by collaborating with internal business partners regarding the impacts of new and emerging global regulations related to a variety of Disney-branded products across hardlines and softlines.
- Socialize regulatory updates, impact, and compliance approach with internal and external partners through trainings and the publication of guidance documents.
- Participate in assigned trade association working groups, continuously monitor emerging global regulations and trends, and keep partners informed about updates.
- Act as project lead when subject matter expertise and experience is key for success of project or implementation of strategy.
- Maintain and update Disney’s Technical Product specifications (Product Guidelines, Test Protocols, Packaging/labeling guides, etc.) by ensuring regulatory changes are covered for global distribution channels.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Successful candidates will have 8 or more years of consumer product compliance experience.
- Must have recent experience working in a consumer product company with a variety of consumer product categories distributed into multiple global regions and can speak to the requirements in each country/region, including global packaging and labeling requirements.
- Solid understanding of international consumer product standards, regulations, and certification requirements (e.g., CPSIA, Prop 65, EN 71, AS/NZS 8124, IEC 62115, KC, GCTS)
- Experience with international product regulatory bodies and standardization organizations (e.g., Korea- KATS, Singapore-SFA, Middle East-GSO, Australia- ACCC)
- Critical thinking skills and ability to showcase those skills.
- Ability to establish relationships, influence, and build trust with key partners.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present technical information to audiences at all levels clearly and concisely.
- Project management experience- successfully initiating, planning, implementing, and closing a project within scope, budget, and time constraints.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, or related field
The hiring range for this position in Glendale, CA is $112,100.00-$150,200.00 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.