Principal Software Engineer
Glendale, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 885810BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 16, 2021
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company has a rich tradition of creating innovative products and magical experiences for millions of people around the world. Software Engineers are at the heart of that innovation and magic, building platforms, services, tools and infrastructure for an unmatched collection of content and brands such as ABC, Disney, and ESPN.
· Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
· Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
· Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
· Are passionate about web development
· Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
· Love working in a startup culture
then working at Disney is unlike anything else. We have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and world-class talent. Come be a part of our team and help us find new ways to interact with users, however and wherever they connect with our brands.
This position is open to Remote Work
Responsibilities:· Architect and develop site and application platforms
· Design and build functionality at the core of our shared frameworks
· Prototype new features
· Review code and mentor other engineers
· Partner with other engineering teams to design forward looking frameworks for our products
· Experience with task automation (Grunt, Gulp, WebPack, Rollup) and CSS Preprocessors (Less, Sass)
· Experience with iOS and Android development technologies and principles, including cross platform solutions such as React Native and Flutter
· Experience with cloud based software solutions and cloud native technologies such as Amazon ECS/EC2, Fargate, CloudFront.
· Experience with TypeScript, Lua, Python, shell scripting, Go, or other multi-platform and full stack programming languages
· Ability to research, learn, assess, and evangelize new technologies
· Strong communication skills and attention to detail
· Driven and self-motivated
· 10+ years relevant industry experience
This position is open to Remote Work
Required Education· Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.
Preferred Education· Mastery of frontend web development technologies and principles
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.