Principal Technical Architect
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 798918BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 02, 2021
Job Summary:TravelBox is a business-critical, 3rd party product in Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products and is continuing to evolve and grow in its maturity and use across the organization. The successful candidate requires strong technical knowledge and skills that are both broad and deep, covering various software and platforms with a strong track record of implementing best-fit technically architected solutions that align to business goals.
The Principal Technical Architect will be responsible for overseeing, accelerating, and rearchitecting components of the TravelBox sales technology platform. This role will be responsible for partnering with multiple teams and vendors to improve, scale, automate, audit, and enforce standards, quality first initiatives, and implement adequate levels of stability and security controls to ensure applications are sustainable and have capabilities to grow and expand. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex, heterogeneous technology environment and have experience with delivering highly integrated scalable, resilient and mission critical solutions.
The successful candidate requires in depth technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various hardware, software, and platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments, and have experience with highly integrated and mission critical solutions. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the effective for each respective group.
- Oversees the Cloud based solution, leading and collaborating cross functionally with teams and consulting Architecture leadership with guidance and mentoring.
- Lead teams in development of software systems as SOA Architect, Program Architect and Solutions Architect.
- Oversee and define cloud configurations for autoscaling and auto healing across the platform
- Define a product roadmap that fulfills the short-term and long-term business goals with specific technology solutions with focus of maintainability, relentless security, and stability across the Travelbox product and related ecosystem.
- Improve applications’ security, stability and maintainability by leveraging the capabilities of emerging technologies; also meet business goals and operational requirements
- Manage the complete SDLC, project planning, design, development, implementation using Agile Development (Scrum) methodologies
- Provide technology assistance to development teams and help them in troubleshooting critical production issues
- Understand the big picture, conceptualize, develop, implement solutions and partner closely with business leaders and stakeholders
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to the stakeholders
- Define and enforce best practices, design/infrastructure standards to improve the quality of the deliverables and ensure the compliance with defined reference architecture and engineering prescriptions
- Design and develop reusable framework components to address cross cutting concerns that can be reused across various applications
- Analyze the existing legacy applications, and define the strategy to uplift the technology stack and containerized the same for deployment to cloud environment
- Relentless focus on Stability, security, and sustainability of a complex Tier 1 critical applications to Marketing, Sales, and Operations functions of DPEP.
- Partner with the Travelbox support team, CodeGen, and partners to set priorities and schedule deliverables for Technical software releases; build strong relationships, collaborate on improvements of our use of the product and the evolution of our process to deliver on business outcomes.
- Lead and provide technical leadership to architects, developers, engineers, and operators in geographically dispersed location
- Conduct frequent knowledge sharing sessions, discuss new ideas and foster a learning environment with an objective to maximize the productivity
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and staff. Enforce and grow a culture focused on quality.
- Work closely with all the stakeholders and devise a plan that aligns with the overall business objectives and budgetary aspects
- 13+ years of development experience
- 10+ years influencing highly technical professionals across multiple portfolios
- Experience architecting various high performance, high volume, business critical systems with resiliency and performance
- Experience managing 3rd party owned products and the integrations into complex and critical environments
- Experience delivering PoCs, Reference Architecture models and architectural deliverables, built around micro services/SOA, Portfolio, Information
- Knowledge of Traditional and Agile software development lifecycles and methodologies
- Expertise in dynamic development technologies using Java, PHP, Angular and relational databases.
- Proven experience with Cloud, digital, mobile, and dev ops platforms
- Experience with the creation and consumption of SOAP and REST Web Services
- Solid understanding of architecture, connectivity technologies, web hosting, advanced network protocols, client-server technologies, applications development and multi-vendor environments.
- In depth knowledge of cloud implementation and optimization
- Troubleshooting skills that span systems, network and code
- Experience in a large scale Tier1 environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, proactive, well organized, efficient, a team player and foster collaborative work environment
- Extremely high comfort level with complex, matrixed organizations containing a certain amount of ambiguity
- Success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on-time and on-budget
- Ability to lead and coach resources that are geographically spread out with various experience levels
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field/work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.