Already applied?View Dashboard
Procurement SupervisorApply Now Job ID 425261BR Location Glendale, California, United States Job Posting Company Disney Consumer Products, Disney Interactive Job Posting Area Disney Consumer Products, Disney Interactive Date posted 02/09/2017
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company's stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises two main lines of business: Disney Consumer Products (DCP), and Disney Interactive (DI). The combined segment is home to world class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.Apply Now
- Responsible for creating, analyzing, and developing a wide range of reports.
- Develops moderately complex financial models and management presentations.
- Lead or participate on special projects.
- Ensures consistent application of procurement process and identify and help implement process improvements.
- The role will measure and report a wide variety of data with regard to supplier activity, commodity breakdown, compliance adherence and cost savings.
- Communicate issues and progress updates for Sourcing & Procurement Leadership.
- Assist Manager in coaching, development, training and guidance of DCPI PCoE Team, Business Unit requestor, New Hires/Temps to maintain an engaged and knowledgeable workforce.
- Review, analyze and make improvement recommendations to existing procurement processes
- Gathers data and perform more complex analysis and develop metrics.
- Leads/Participates in special projects as assigned to support their respective clients or external partners
- Assists in development, implement, monitor and report performance measures that demonstrate value and ensure performance and compliance
- Builds/establishes relationships with key LOB finance to ensure full understanding and support for purchasing initiatives
- Performs user and supplier compliance audits as appropriate
- Coordinates with PCoE Team, Business Unit requestors, and A/P to clear and maintain internal GR/IR and Blocked Invoice balances for DCPI
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Develop/deliver presentations to stakeholders & management with confidence, ensuring understanding.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Understand the steps to achieve long-term business strategy, identifies immediate risks or opportunities to the business and resolve or escalate them accordingly.
- Ability to discriminate between symptoms and root causes
- Applies understanding of the procurement environment across the enterprise and how the PCoE fits into the larger picture
- Knowledge of the businesses that the PCoE supports
- Understanding of AOP/capital budget forecasting processes
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Provides supervisory support to the PCoE team.
- Works with segment team to resolve day-to-day technical/procedural challenges.
- Coordinate with Sourcing & Procurement on moderately complex process improvement initiatives
- Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team; uses judgment and experience to make recommendations to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency.
- Strong work ethic requiring minimal supervision
- Completes moderately to complex tasks and projects requiring independent initiative.
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- Prepares material that is easily understood to influence management/business partners.
- Deliver presentations to stakeholders & management with confidence, ensuring understanding.
- Communicate upward when an issue arises and provide potential solution(s).
- Articulate big picture through verbal, written, and/or presentation- style communications.
- Engage audience in interactive, value- add communication in small and large group settings and anticipate questions.
- Resource integrator – builds professional networks and identifies and connects resources to achieve goals.
- Regularly contributes actionable ideas in brainstorming and planning sessions.
- 4-7 years of experience in an analytical role in Finance or Supply Chain related role
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Understanding of Basic Sourcing Process
- Advance SAP skills/financial knowledge/reporting skills
- Experience using SAP Business Objects Analysis and other ERP systems
- Thorough understanding of TWDC Procurement Policies; Procurement process knowledge.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience implementing procurement processes and procurement best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of service procurement
- Problem solving skills; High customer service orientation and the ability to coach/influence clients to ensure adherence to procurement policies.
- Thorough understanding of the overall sourcing & procurement processes.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to grasp complex procurement/financial data models in order to identify and resolve issues.
- Experience partnering with and presenting to management.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to examine challenges and opportunities from a broader perspective.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Negotiation skills (i.e., regarding invoice turnaround time)
- Great time management skills and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Advanced skill level with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other basic business productivity tools.
- Thorough understanding of the ERP system functionality, transactions and integrated tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate sophisticated financial concepts to a broad spectrum of internal users
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Team player with a collaborative style
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required