Already applied?View Dashboard
Producer - Creative Producer Digital Attraction ExperiencesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 655642BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Apr. 01, 2019
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
The Creative Producer – Digital Attraction Experiences is responsible for overseeing the creative resources, processes, and projects to extend Walt Disney Imagineering’s themed entertainment experiences onto digital entertainment platforms, distributed primarily via the Play Disney Parks mobile app.
The role will work across Imagineering project teams to identify new opportunities to extend Imagineering attractions, lands, and shows into mixed physical/digital experiences – leveraging techniques including gamification, augmented reality, and interactive narrative. They partner with those teams to frame up strategy, define creative and technical scope, create pitches, estimate schedule and budget, secure approval and funding, and ultimately deliver interactive software and hardware scope on time, on budget, and with creative success.
The roll will oversee the definition, development, and integration of multiple interactive development projects simultaneously, leveraging a mix of internal teams and external vendors. They partner with key Imagineering groups on the design, fabrication, integration, and installation of any in-park physical assets which integrate with the digital entertainment experience.
The roll will partner closely with the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Technology and Digital team to inform the overall Play Disney Parks app and platform vision, technology priorities, business strategy, and marketing tactics.
This is a proven creative producer with excellent communication and collaboration skills, who can successfully work across a diverse organization to advance the future of Imagineering storytelling and experience design in new and exciting ways.
- Partner across Imagineering project teams to identify opportunities for digital platforms to extend the physical placemaking and storytelling of attractions, lands, and shows.
- Oversee the scope, schedule, and budget for multiple simultaneous digital content development projects of varying size and complexity.
- Collaborate with team leadership and key stakeholders to prioritize scope and delivery options.
- Promote strong team building by developing solid relationships with multiple internal and external partners at all levels.
- Communicate clear and concise project updates to all levels within the organization.
- Produce high-level game pitches and concept documents for potential partners.
- Serve as point of contact between the Imagineering project teams and external interactive development vendors.
- Coordinate and manage all in-park play tests.
- Consult on all new and potential Play Disney Parks app interactive content, including attraction/park integrated experiences, digital content overlays, in-park achievements, etc.
- Review game design documents, proposals, prototypes, playable builds, and other deliverables and provide editorial feedback.
- Assist in selection and due diligence on mobile and interactive software vendors
- Identify and design best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to the experiences module production pipeline, implementation, and maintenance.
- Preempt potential areas of risk affecting module budget, product quality, Guest experience, and production schedule.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in video or mobile game/app development, in a Producer or Lead Game Designer role.
- Ability to manage and coordinate tasks on complex projects spanning multiple business units.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage scope, schedule, and budget on multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including technical writing; an excellent presenter.
- Experience leading an external interactive software development team or working with external vendors.
- Experienced negotiator who can reconcile a creative vision with business and operational needs to find “win-win” solutions to complex challenges.
- The ability to work well within a collaborative creative environment, working closely with other producers, art directors, operations, proprietors, and senior management.
- Must be able to travel, approximately 10-15% and hold a valid passport.
- Prior experience in physical experience design (theme parks, zoos, museums, etc.) and/or physical-digital integrated experiences a plus.
- Working knowledge of Disney Parks and Resorts and Walt Disney Imagineering organization and culture a plus.
- Ability to think creatively and shape new ideas into executable game concepts.
- Ability to mentor other team members at various levels.
- AA/BA/BS preferred or demonstrates through portfolio an industry standard level of themed entertainment design.
- 3-5+ years experience specifically in video game or mobile game development with two or more successfully launched titles
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.