Producer, TVA, Production (Walt Disney Television)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 764763BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Aug. 18, 2020
- Partner with the Executive Producer, Directors, and other show leadership to define the creative and production goals of the show and lead the team to achieve those goals
- Lead their in-house production team(s) and supervise the external production studio’s daily progress to maintain schedule and budget
- Create and articulate the long term production strategy that achieves the show’s creative vision within budget
- Focus on the big picture of the show to balance the competing pressures of a production: creative vision, schedule, staffing needs, and budget
- Collaborate amongst Creative Leadership, Production teams, Studio and Network Executives to achieve creative and production goals.
- Liaise and represent show leadership, in conjunction with Franchise, PR, Marketing, Programming, and other departments as needed
- Approach problems and conflicts with ownership, positivity, curiosity, and a proactive solution-oriented attitude
- Mentor the Line Producer or Associate Producer to ensure their development and growth
- Responsible and accountable for the creation, oversight and management of the schedule, budget, and staffing plan with guidance from the Production Executive
- Work with show leadership, Artist Management, and Diversity & Inclusion to build and enhance creative and production teams, including a special focus on fostering emerging and diverse talent
- Manage expectations at the studio, network, external production company, and with the crew
- Work closely with Current Series Executive(s) to support creative and Company goals
- With the input of Production Exec and Production Finance, generate series budget, subsequent season &/or alternate budget scenarios
- Provide risk assessment and measure production trends against plan.
- Partner with LP or AP to oversee the complexity of the show. Understand asset counts, footage, character density, animation quotas, and other metrics, and how those factors impact the budget
- Support creative leadership with Public/Media Relations and outward facing representation as needed
- Elevates quality and innovation in order to support Disney’s mission to remain the leader in a highly competitive and evolving artistic industry
- Significant production management experience in animation including prior experience as a line producer or as a production executive at a production company or studio
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization; have a problem-solving approach; be highly self-motivated, well-organized and have a strong work ethic.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of pre-production, production and post-production methods in traditional and CG mediums
- An experimental, risk-taking mind-set: Must be open to thinking outside of traditional television formats and outside of the traditional linear television model.
- Familiarity with animation software, hardware, databases and asset management systems
- Wide industry knowledge of talent, process and various pipelines
- Experience working with overseas animation studios
- Minimum of 8+ years of hands-on production of animated programming
- Experience managing creative teams in a high-pressure environment
- A track record of delivering animated series on-time and on-budget
- Experience in a large dynamic studio
- A passion for children’s programming
- Work experience in a related field
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.