Producer (Disney TV Animation)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 7122057920220607 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Producer on a Disney Television Animation series is responsible for supporting the creative intent of the series, leading the production, and ensuring successful delivery of the episodes and ancillary content to the Network and Company. This is an executive level role with ownership and accountability for the series budget and schedule. This role is the key driver in managing the contract and relationship with the animation partner studio. The Producer serves as a guide for the show’s creative vision and production goals. This specific position will be responsible for producing an unannounced feature-quality 2D animated series. Experience with 2D animation, casting and voice records, and working with international animation studios is required.
- Partner with the Executive Producer, Directors, and other show leadership to define the creative and production goals of the show and lead the team to achieve those goals
- Create the series overall schedule and long term production strategy to successfully achieve the show’s creative vision within budget
- Oversee the complexity of the show. Understand asset counts, footage, character density, animation quotas, and other metrics, and how those factors impact the budget
- Contract the series animation work with an animation studio partner and manage the relationship with that studio (or multiple studios). Provide risk assessment and measure production trends against plan.
- Proactively identify production problems and present solutions to studio executives
- Lead the creative conversations with the EP, studio management & current executive to ensure the creative vision and milestones of the series are being met. Balance the competing pressures of creative complexity, budget, and schedule.
- Forecasts needs of departmental resources like casting and music.
- Represent the show’s needs to Franchise, PR, Marketing, Programming, and other departments as needed
- Work with show leadership, Artist Management, and Diversity & Inclusion to build the creative and production teams, including a special focus on fostering emerging and diverse talent. Lead DEI initiatives for the show.
- Work closely with Current Series Executive(s) to support creative and studio goals
- Support creative leadership with Public/Media Relations and outward facing representation as needed
- Approach problems and conflicts with ownership, positivity, curiosity, and a proactive solution-oriented attitude
- Elevate quality and innovation in order to support Disney’s mission to remain the leader in a highly competitive and evolving artistic industry
- Extensive experience and knowledge of 2D animation pre-production, production and post-production methods
- Significant production management experience in animation including prior experience as a producer, line producer, or as an executive at a production company or studio
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization; have a problem-solving approach; be highly self-motivated, well-organized and have a strong work ethic.
- An experimental, risk-taking mind-set: Must be open to thinking outside of traditional television formats and outside of the traditional linear television model.
- Familiarity with animation software, hardware, databases and asset management systems
- Wide industry knowledge of talent, process and various pipelines
- Experience working with overseas animation studios
- Experience managing creative teams in a high-pressure environment
- A track record of delivering animated series on-time and on-budget
- Experience in a large dynamic studio
- A passion for children’s programming
- Work experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.