Producer IIIApply NowApply Later Job ID 775005BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 05, 2021
This person is directly responsible for specific titles, as well as managing producers who, own products within TWDC and managing the production process in support of the partners vision, including external partner onboarding and management, collaborating and coordinating ideation, project tracking, managing all internal/external product communication and product deliverables, overseeing milestone reviews, collaboration with other business units, production/content approvals, & management of live service support.
This production work entails providing clearly communicated feedback on game proposals, project schedules, and content roadmaps; driving feedback/approvals on game design, art and story, as well as franchise partners for games based on upcoming and existing TWDC franchises and reporting the status of these projects to the Senior Producer.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting leader, who can draw upon a background as both a game maker and gamer, in order to; articulate feedback and clearly communicate information to external partners and internal stakeholders, addressing opportunities and challenges in the production process, manage a collection of games based on TWDC IP & multiple partner relationships.
This role will require on-site support with external development partners with domestic and international travel.
- Driving products within TWDC and being the key day to day contact for these projects. Responsible for establishing, maintaining and enhancing relationships with internal and external cross functional groups to ensure maximum brand equity in TWDC IP that deliver high quality/brand-enhancing products that meet franchise, financial and schedule goals.
- Manages the internal production and approval process for TWDC licensed games. This includes partner onboarding, deep dives into brands, and tracking and communicating all deliverables through the Disney approval processes.
- Works closely with the senior Production staff to contribute to the design and refinement of the internal production review and approval process for TWDC licensed games.
- Collaborates with key product partners on setting the TWDC internal creative and product goals and is accountable for meeting quality goals, including periodic self-review of gameplay builds for assigned titles.
- Collaborates with marketing staff to ensure effective synergy, distribution, and promotion.
- Works closely with the senior Production staff in contributing to strategic planning for future products.
- When available, use data and analytics to drive decision making and ensure that decisions are made in a timely fashion.
Brand & Franchise Management
- Ensures that external game teams have the necessary support from TWDC (such as access to reference materials, story overviews, digital assets (when available)) in order to deliver high quality products that delivered on our financial target goals, while maintaining brand integrity.
- Provide brand guidance to external partner teams balancing the needs of the game and the authenticity of the TWDC Franchise’s characters and worlds.
- Recruit, manage, and develop a diverse and capable team of production staff.
- Create a workplace environment that encourages collaboration and innovative/creative thinking.
- Provide strong leadership, inspire and motivate the team through personal example and enthusiasm.
- 7 – 12 years of experience specifically in product development/production of Console/Mobile/PC games or other entertainment.
- 2 – 3 years of experience managing teams.
- Has shipped multiple mobile, console, and/or PC games with live operations components.
- A practical understanding of all phases of development: concept, pre-production, production and post-production/live-service with a creative eye able to communicate game ideas and improvements to our partners.
- Excellence in managing relationships with external partners, identifying and solving day to day product issues.
- Ability to make confident, intelligent and difficult decisions that reflects a solid understanding of the business goals and strategies.
- Previous experience interfacing with partners/developers, understanding team structures and roles, production pipelines, and common challenges in producing high-quality interactive products.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects at different stages of development.
- Strong negotiation, change management, and conflict resolution skills and comfortable working in a highly matrixed organization with an emphasis on building consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Able to identify/assess risks and strategies to mitigate and escalate as necessary.
- Strong sense of ownership, flexibility, and urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as JIRA.
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum, Kanban, and other production methodologies.
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint / Keynote.
- Previous project management skills and experience with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Passion for the latest games and game platforms (Mobile, Console, and PC)
- Demonstrate affinity and familiarity with TWDC Franchises.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.