Producer, Marvel GamesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 709934BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Sep. 27, 2019
- Be the primary point of contact and chief problem solver for external partner marketing, promotional, and development needs
- Be the product owner, advocate, and evangelist for the games on your slate
- Work closely with internal and external cross-functional groups to manage the entire lifecycle of your games from concept, to launch thru live operations, and deliver great games that achieve franchise, financial, and strategic goals
- Ensure that your games stay authentically on brand and make best use of the incredibly rich IP within the Marvel Universe
- Proactively anticipate and mitigate risks as they pop up
- Be the subject matter expert on your games, their player experience, and overall fun factor for each of your projects
- Provide regular support for other projects as needed
- A seasoned pro – You have at least five years of experience in production or publishing roles at industry-leading game companies
- A jack-of-all-trades – You are versatile and familiar with most aspects of game making and publishing: production, design, tech, sales, marketing, PR, analytics, monetization, and live ops
- A game connoisseur – You are well versed and passionate about current trends in gaming, including console, mobile, PC and competitive gaming
- A subject matter expert – You can qualitatively assess, “what good looks like,” while also objectively validating project status
- A people person – You always seek to foster deeper and more productive relationships with the people around you, and you treat them the way you wish to be treated - within the team, within the company, and with all of our external partners. You understand that these relationships are built through effective, frequent, and timely communication with those you work. You communicate eloquently to your managers, peers and reports
- Humble – We collaborate with the top game companies in the world, so ego has no place on this team. You understand that we succeed only through the success of others
- Fire-and-forget – You take ownership over your projects and are always figuring out newer and better ways to do your job smarter, faster and more effectively
- Team First – You should be ready and willing to support other projects and team members. Our success comes as a team
- An optimizer – Marvel has a bottom-line focused, lean, fast, startup-like culture. You need to be nimble, and willing to wear many hats, but in exchange, you get the freedom to accomplish amazing things
- Passionate about Marvel – We are crazy about our Super Heroes across all mediums: games, comics, toys, film, TV, and many others. You are too
- At least five years of experience in increasingly demanding roles as a Producer or other production, development, or partnership management positions at industry-leading game companies
- Shipped at least two or more market leading titles with successful live operations components
- Experience leading a team or managing direct reports in a dynamic environment
Required EducationBA / BS Degree or higher
Additional Information:Additional Information:
- Your 1-page resume
- A cover letter which should include your answers to the following questions:
- Why you are interested in working at Marvel Entertainment?
- Which game development or publishing discipline are you a master of and why?
- In your opinion, what is the greatest Super Hero game of all time? Why?
- If you could be any Marvel Super Hero or Villain, who would you choose and why?
- What games are you currently playing, and what is your favorite gaming genre?
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.