Product and Rights Distribution Management Intern Glendale Summer 2020
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 745997BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 31, 2020
Job Summary:Technology Operations is centered around four core functions Business Relationship Management, Global Program Management, Product Platform Management and Content Platform Engineering to support the DTCI technology organization. This position is part of the Product Platform Management team which manages the execution of DTCI Technology programs, including user story development, story prioritization and user acceptance testing in addition to identifying dependencies, managing risks and quantifying business impact. This role collaborates with technical and business relationship leads to understand and rationalize product roadmaps while providing easy to understand, transparent reporting to leadership during delivery.
Responsibilities:The Intern will be hands on with our Product and Rights Management Platform team launching and running projects across DTCI:
- Work with product owners across regions to groom the prioritized backlog and translate into actionable roadmaps, delivery plans and executable work items for the program team with defined delivery schedules.
- Work collaboratively with architecture and development team members to address all relevant implementation details involved in each solution or feature.
- Increase the velocity of planning, backlog grooming, standups, and retrospectives for software development.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to align work for the team as per the schedule.
- Help communication of status, updates and project summaries via presentations, email and direct communication.
Basic Qualifications:• Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Experience in handling multiple concurrent priorities, strong time management
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Positive attitude and team collaboration spirit
- Experience with Jira, Keynote and/or Lucidchart
- Understanding of technology terms and operations a plus.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Pursuing a degree or a recent grad (within 6 months) in Computer Science, Math, Econ/Business, Engineering or English Literature.
- Pursuing a MBA or a recent grad (within 6 months)
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2020 through August/September 2020.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Los Angeles area.
- Must possess unrestricted authorization to work in the US.
- Must be over 18 years old.
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.