Product Designer, Gaming (Project Hire)
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 777023BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 02, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences & Products: Technology & Digital, a division of the Walt Disney Company, creates world-class immersive online & mobile experiences for premier vacation brands including Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club.
Reporting to the Manager, Product Design, the Product Designer is responsible for contributing to the design of outstanding digital products and experiences with internal and external creative resources. This role works as a multidisciplinary designer across interaction and visual design.
The Product Designer for Gaming spends the bulk of their time creating 3D experiences that connect with our Guests on an emotional level, supporting feature design with the quality and character expected of Disney. They always strive to surpass the aesthetic quality that the Disney brand and our creative leadership team expects, as well as articulate and justify their overall design decisions.
Responsibilities:This is a project based position working with our team to create immersive Guest experiences. The Product Designer needs to be curious, organized and extremely collaborative. They must also be passionate, positive and eager to take on new things.
- Mastery of 3D tools such as Unity and Maya a must
- Experience designing for Missions and Quests
- Experience working with 3D Avatar editors, both character and item designs
- Implementing UI animation and motion of prepared screen assets to support interaction and motion guidelines
- Collaborating with teams to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish UI to deliver a best-in-class experience, from concept to delivery
- Collaborate closely with other designers and engineers, to understand and help define goals for new and evolving features
- Take direction from the broader Disney team and leadership
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to utilize time allotted efficiently
- Apply rigorous design thinking as we develop products at the crossroads of the physical and digital worlds
- Apply exceptional attention to detail and craft as you guide designs through implementation, ensuring final product development fully reflects design specifications
- Guide design work for more junior team members and cross functional partners
Basic Qualifications:The candidate should have a degree in Art or Design (ideally a BA) and ideally have 5+ years of professional experience in Interactive / UI Design working for significant brands in-house or on the agency side...but ideally both.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX design in game industry or related area
- Excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Proven success designing mobile experiences (both native app and responsive/adaptive design in browser)
- Solid skills in production design for digital applications Solid understanding of mobile technologies
- Working experience with design tools like Sketch, Adobe suite, AfterEffects, InDesign etc.
- Ability to work independently, while escalating issues as necessary
- Excellent visual/verbal communicator with strong presentation and storytelling skills (i.e. ability to present to various levels/groups)
Additional Information:This position is a temporary assignment with no guarantee of permanent placement.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.