Product Developer (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10041391 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Mar. 21, 2023
This Product Developer supports the Mickey's of Glendale Product Development Assistant Manager to build and implement product that meets supports the Walt Disney Imagineering brand and sales objectives and assist in sourcing product/art development flow from concept to final product for MOG apparel, hard lines, and souvenirs and internal business unit/project team orders
You will report to MOG Product Development Assistant Manager
- Sourcing and Product Development
- Supports MOG Product Development Assistant Manager to build and implement product that meets supports the Walt Disney Imagineering brand and sales objectives
- Craft and develop pin assortment from art development flow from concept to final product.
- Assist in sourcing product/art development flow from concept to final product for MOG apparel, hard lines, and souvenirs and internal business unit/project team orders
- Align with The Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney Imagineering vendor souring criteria, negotiating in the best interest of Walt Disney Imagineering’s goals.
- Support and maintain development tracking and timelines for landmarks including internal approvals, production scheduling, and product releases.
- Work with The Walt Disney Company Quality Assurance Program to ensure all products pass the Product Safety & Reliability tests and Federal safety standards
- Supervise and stay current on market trends including national trade shows for purchasing where vital.
- Provides support in in-store visual design and merchandise planograms
Loss Prevention and Administration 5%
- Actively support securing company assets through effective Loss Prevention in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working and shopping environment
- Uphold all company policies as outlines in the Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Policy Manual and Code of Business Conduct
- Support a positive and creative working environment
- Make decisions within established guidelines
- Ability to influence cross functional teams, logical thinking
- Proficient in the proven understanding of computer software Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, Illustrator and Power Point
- Strong communication skills and optimally connect with Guests, peers and management within and among all business units
- Strong organizational skills, versatility and ability to multi task
- Proven success in decision-making, diplomacy, and flexibility
- Motivated, results oriented, and able to work independently
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced and high energy retail environment
- Visual merchandising display savvy
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- Minimum 2 year experience at coordinating marketing activities, including product development, production scheduling and management
- Solid understanding of visual merchandising principles desired. Previous skills/experience as a graphic artist strongly preferred
- 2 year college degree or equivalent
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
The hiring range for this position is $52,398.00 to $70,290.00 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.