Already applied?View Dashboard
Product Development AssociateApply Now Apply Later Job ID 532846BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 03/27/2018
Job Summary:Seeking a Product Development Associate with experience in toy or hard goods product development, tracking product development schedules and approvals, facilitating product review meetings, taking excellent notes and distributing them. The associate will review and track product development to ensure that all development stages match the design specification, are approved, and quality standards upheld. This staff member will work with business affairs on all legal asset clearances for product development. The candidate should have excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills. The candidate must have a solid understanding of hardlines manufacturing practices, cost practices, and product development.
- Support branding objectives through ensuring product reflect Disney quality and aesthetics. Ensure aesthetic and details are accurate and true to the character/film.
- Coordinate and track development approvals and schedules with designers and sourcing team.
- Work with designers on necessary cost reductions and functional or manufacturing changes through product development.
- Handle product approval feedback, adding detailed comments, for all vendor sample reviews at all pre-production milestones, including but not limited to: sculpt model, functional model, paint model, pre-production model, through final production.
- Attend product development weekly meetings: provide updates, capture comments, distribute notes, and escalate and resolve issues as necessary
- Monitor and track product samples, pre-pro samples, and production submissions from sourcing team and vendors.
- Organize product submissions for creative reviews & line reviews.
- Organize, request, and deliver products for weekly team reviews.
- Track and ensure compliance with business affairs reviews.
- Maintain and organize all notes, approvals, and communication with third party content providers.
- Coordinate with Managers and Directors on new projects and scheduled deadlines.
- Limited domestic travel for onsite product approval with studios, and vendors
- Creative eye for three-dimensional sculpt, character likeness, color and artwork.
- Moderate to Light sketching to communicate comments on submissions.
- 2 year related experience – product development, product design
- Self-starter, motivated, and proactive. Takes Initiative and can work independently
- Able to handle multiple tasks and assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize projects
- Good computer skills –Mac proficient. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, people oriented team player
- Ability to coordinate others as well as be a team player
- Willingness to learn & collaborate
- Must exhibit exceptional organization, ingenuity, and resourcefulness.
- Keen aesthetic and eye for design and functional details is imperative.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Art
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.