Already applied?View Dashboard
Product Integrity EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 696024BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 15, 2019
Responsibilities:Product Development :
- Maintain and update the matrices for licensed products for the North America region for all categories
- Perform product safety documentation reviews for all assigned product categories: clearly communicate all concerns, discrepencies and omissions within the OPA system or to the 3rd-party reviewers
- Research and review new concepts upon request from DPEP for any potential product hazards
- Communicate with testing laboratories and licensees to ensure clarity of test requirements and that appropriate matrices are identified
- Track updates in regulatory bulletins to determine if matrices should be updated
- Train and manage 3rd party contractors regarding compliance documentation reviews of licensed products
- Monitor Guest Incidents database to ensure all licensed product complaints are resolved by the appropriate licensee
- Act as a technical resource and safety consultant to Disney Brand Product Management (BPM), DPEP Licensing and Product Development teams and licensees regarding appropriate statutory, regulatory, and any potential Disney product safety requirements for product categories
- Educate BPM, DPEP Licensing and Product Development teams, other Business Units and licensees as needed on product safety regulations and trends in regulations, and standards for the global marketplace
- Work with management to develop and maintain PI Licensing’s Operating Guidelines (OG) and Work Instructions for Guest Incidents, CPSC Database complaints, OPA, Retail Shelf Audit Program and Straight Licensed Pickup (SLP) system processes
- Research and verify compliance on products based on media reports or advocate claims
- Minimum 4 years in a manufacturing or quality environment as a compliance/regulatory engineer or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of consumer product regulations in the US, Canada, and EU is required
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at once
- Strong knowledge of how products are made. (e.g. how plastics are molded, or how metals are cast and forged)
- Experience in the quality and/or manufacturing fields relating to consumer product manufacturing, quality control, quality assurance and safety compliance or research and development
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and SharePoint applications is desirable
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.