Product Management Director
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 685457BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 29/06/2019
As the Product Management Director you will need to understand our internal customer’s business strategy in addition to the underlying Guest user experience. Both interests must be represented to various internal teams such as engineering, user experience, legal, and marketing. You will also negotiate priorities with stakeholders and team members to develop a long-term vision, near term product roadmaps and short-term feature prioritization. Additionally, this role is designed to act as owner, evangelist, advocate, and innovator for our product(s) while working with a combination of co-located, remote, and offshore teams.
- Product Strategy - Conduct market and competitive analysis, leverage existing research and data to identify market opportunities. Translate market opportunities into concrete product strategy and tactical roadmaps.
- Product Development - Build robust, scalable software products that engage and delight our Guests while delivering on key business and revenue objectives. Manage product roadmaps by working with stakeholders to understand, prioritize, and define requirements. Partner with engineers, designers, and business partners to ensure timely and high quality delivery of products that support our overall business strategy to delight and engage our Guests.
- Product Operations - Evangelize and communicate product vision and capabilities to internal and external customers at all levels. Define and own go-to-market strategies and execution of product launches. Define, monitor, and report key performance indicators and other metrics for products owned. Conduct A/B split tests.
- Subject Matter Expertise – Become a leading subject matter expert in your product area through industry research, ongoing education and practical experience. Build out product(s) that achieve market parity and advance Disney’s reputation as an innovator obsessed with delivering a world-class Guest experience.
- Data Informed - Analytical mind with aptitude for problem-solving and an ability to use data for storytelling.
- 7+ years relevant experience and a BA/BS degree required. MBA or graduate degree in a technical field strongly preferred.
- Leadership – Experience building and managing a team of 10-15 Product Managers, providing both day-to-day oversight as well as mentoring, coaching, and career growth opportunities.
- Matrix Team Administrator – Experience working in a highly cross functional environment (sales, marketing, engineering, legal, operations, user experience) and driving inter-departmental decisions.
- Mobile Product – Experience in managing products focused on the mobile application space.
- Product Management – Experience bringing platform or consumer-facing software products to market.
- Product Requirement – Ability to capture & create clear requirement documents along with complementary documentation such as low-fidelity wireframes, user stories, personas and backlogs.
- Compelling Communicator – Strong ability to build relationships, manage stakeholders and articulate vision/direction either through written documents such as RFPs or presentations.
- Proactive Approach – Demonstrated ability to be self-driven, take initiative, and juggle scope and resources to meet assigned deadlines consistently while using sound judgment and attention to detail.
- This position is based out of Glendale, CA and requires 10-20% availability for domestic travel.
- Degree in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, statistics).
- Previous Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning experience.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum or mobile development.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.