Product Management Internship, DPEP Glendale Spring 2020
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 699095BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 04/09/2019
Disney Parks, Experience & Products, Technology and Digital (DPEP) is the digital media arm of Parks and Resorts Experience segment. DPEP is leading several initiatives that depend on our ability to interact with our Guests to deliver unique and compelling experiences. The delivery of these interactions requires a robust and extensible product platform with an expanding set of industry-leading capabilities.
The Product Management Intern will support the Product team in understanding and executing the strategic direction of digital products for Attractions and Entertainment, with a specific focus on mobile experiences. The Intern will be responsible for translating that direction into various document types, including business requirement and rules documents, user stories and product specifications.
Responsibilities:A successful intern working in Attractions and Entertainment with DPEP will accomplish the following:
- Responsible for understanding the digital strategic direction of the product platform as outlined by the Product team.
- Manages the feature development and defect backlog on a daily basis to ensure that priorities adhere to the strategic direction outlined by the Product team.
- Refinement of the product approach and strategy and associated business requirement and rules documentation.
- The ability to drive ideas into action with a positive outlook and demonstrated ability to take personal initiative.
- Translates the digital strategy into clearly prioritized user stories and business requirements.
- Prioritizing Guest-centric and system-level experience stories and requirements.
- Effective use of product management tools to continuously share the product vision with delivery partners (e.g., Keynote, Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc.).
- Attends daily scrums with development studios to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks.
- Assists the Product team in translating the digital vision into presentations that will be shared with Executive audiences and partners across the Organization.
- Actively participates in testing digital products, (some in Park testing may be required), opens defects, assesses the impact and follows up on fixes across teams.
The role depends on learning extensively about the capabilities of new and existing technologies. The role challenges the candidate to deliver towards multiple tracks of work simultaneously. The role requires learning about tactics and in flight initiatives across several functional areas, within and outside DPEP, exposing the intern to a wide-range of departments. The opportunity depends on both a strong digital and physical understanding of the Guest experience as an emerging as an industry requirement. The role requires the candidate to hit the ground running as they will be joining at an exciting and critical time in the product development life cycle, should be able to quickly integrate and deliver towards planned milestones, while also documenting product features for future development and productization.
- Strong understanding of statistics or data analysis
- Familiarity or coursework in computer science
- Experience working with Keynote, Jira, Confluence and/or Slack
- Experience documenting product features or related
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience/internship with a tech company a plus
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, or a recent graduate within six months of graduation.
Additional Information:Intern Eligibility Requirements:
- All students must be eligible to work in the US
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- Must be available to work from approximately January 2020 - May 2020.
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.