Product Manager, Fulfillment
Glendale, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 870398BR Location Glendale, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 14, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ HotStar, as well as domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
This position is part of DMED Technology’s Content Platform team who is responsible for building the supply chain ecosystem that empowers The Walt Disney Company to harness its unparalleled storytelling and distribute it around the world.
As part of the Content Platform’s Workflows & Platform Services team, this position will product manage individual systems in the supply chain that track the final delivery to a sales client. These systems assemble and validate the components (metadata, artwork, AV) that comprise a delivery package and orchestrate the final delivery.
- Interview and collaborate with DMED Technology partners to understand their processes and needs and translate those into executable product strategies
- Identify and execute product and process improvements
- Work as an individual contributor to execute product strategy in collaboration with Design, Engineering, PMO, and other functional areas
- Write epics and user stories and plan and prioritize the feature backlog
- Partner with other product owners to ensure individual systems achieve larger, holistic business needs
- Provide periodic updates/presentations on roadmaps and initiatives to DMED Technology leadership and partners
- Any other product duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Demonstrated experience collaborating across functional teams
- Ability to operate effectively in a team oriented and collaborative environment
- Experience with Agile product development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross organizationally
- Adept at synthesizing and presenting data in a digestible manner to diverse audiences
- Process-driven and extremely detail-oriented
- Experience with digital video supply chains
- Knowledge of film and television AV specifications and formats
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.