Product ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 791185BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 23, 2021
You will report to the Manager, Product Management, eCommerce.
- Manage the implementation of retail ecommerce and broader digital product strategies for shopDisney
- Create the vision for shopDisney eCommerce products based on consumer data and insights, all retail ecommerce trends and technologies, goals, and value
- Lead the development of retail ecommerce and broader digital product strategies and roadmaps based on that vision and in partnership with other disciplines and leaders
- Incorporate that roadmap and projects into the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Use an understanding of product management for retail ecommerce and broader digital products to manage the development pipeline and priorities across teams/disciplines
- Lead a team of Product Analysts in the definition and execution of that vision, roadmap, and projects
- Ensure that teams understand product goals and priorities and help those teams translate product concepts into user stories, epics, and other appropriate product deliverables
- Help teams and leaders understand and make choices about product and project scope, priorities, MVP, and delivery dates
- Manage a variety of projects in parallel, balancing the needs and timelines of each simultaneously
- Attend regular project scrums, stand-ups, and status updates to help guide priority decisions and remove roadblocks.
- Provide updates to leaders on project progress, and choices that could affect the budget, timeline, or strategic vision
- Onboard and manage the team of Product Analysts
- Ensure agreement and synchronization between digital and broader Consumer Products roadmaps, teams, and leaders
- Manage partner relationships through communication, collaboration, and partnership
- Negotiate valuation and funding estimates with partners and large contracts with vendors, while pushing to ensure that teams are value-engineering cost-effective solutions
- Oversee the digital product and delivers on time, on budget, on strategy, and with a quality and performance
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in digital product management, with at least 1 year in a leadership role
- At least 2 years of retail ecommerce product management experience
- Advanced skills in the development of web, native app, and hybrid app products, with a history of delivering consumer-centric retail eCommerce solutions to market
- Experience with eCommerce business, financial returns, value drivers, and fiscal management of complex lines/verticals and projects
- 1+ years' experience managing technical, user, and business issues in an eCommerce organization
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and practices
- Excellent soft skills, effectively transfer information and comfort speaking before groups through all levels
- Distill research and data to identify business opportunities and develop corresponding business cases.
- Solve complex product and project issues
- Work with and achieve results through others, build and sustainable relationships, and interact at all levels.
- Collect and analyze information, brainstorm and make decisions by interpreting data and great at goal setting and performance management
- Create ideas into action, and willingness to take personal initiative
- Flexibility and proficiency in change management, including leading teams through strategic changes and re-prioritization
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Education or experience in a technical discipline (computer science, software engineering, decision science, AI/ML)
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Shopping, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Shopping, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.