Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 879006BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 09, 2021
Job Summary:The Product Manager position supports systems and work with Disney’s Media Entertainment Distribution (DMED) Segment. This positon supports technical systems and processes for Content Acquisitions, Planning and Scheduling. This position provides for product management efforts supporting multiple systems, integrations, and processes. Several Disney segments and teams use the systems and associated data sets. The functions are integral to servicing our Disney business teams and our customers in the various media distribution lines of business.
The Product Manager will generate functional diagrams to support business process and technical data streams across the technology stack. This person manages product features and requirements, communicating them through the development of user stories for discussion with Development, UX and QA teams for alignment. The person in this role will coordinate with other implementation team members to ensure on time delivery of solutions with agreed functions. Product Manager will also develop implementation plans for new features and products, which will include UAT test plans and training documentation.
Scope of Work:
- Participate in business requirement discussions around needs from the business and technical teams and document/translate these requirements into technical requirements documents.
- Generate functional workflow diagrams to support business process and technical data streams across the technology stacks being deployed.
- Authoring user stories in JIRA to communicate business requirements in technical terms that engineering can execute against
- Collaborate with developers on any development needs and ensure there is proper understanding of any requirements to support the service provided by the Content Platform Engineering Team
- Generate Business Specific test plans for UAT of enhancements being delivered as well as regression test plans for day-to-day business workflow
- Participate in UAT in collaboration key business stakeholders and development teams.
- Verify enhancements and fixes are approved and fulfill requirements from the business
- Document approval for compliance requirements
- Communicate issues found in testing, seek priority from proper stakeholder and monitor resolution through deployment to production
- Provide oversight during system training, answering business questions from users that connect the technology with the process.
- Document system processes with user guides and training material on system functionality where needed
- Provide input to weekly status reports and provide updates to the Agile project management tool to provide visibility to project progress
- Provide day-to-day risk/issue management for the projects and escalate issues, as appropriate.
- Document meeting minutes and key action items for key integration meetings for the PPM Team
Analysis related to process, system, and data designs
Coordinating requirements with business and technical teams
Coordinating testing requirements and testing with business and technical teams
Documentation and training material generation
Basic Qualifications:3-5 years of progressive experience in an Technology related field
Experience supporting Technology projects and/or Technology Support Departments
Experience in project management desired
Experience working in entertainment media platform space is preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.