Already applied?View Dashboard
Production AccountantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 690129BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jul. 17, 2019
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Marvel Animation executives and Marvel Corporate Finance on production budgets for new series and subsequent seasons of existing series for all Marvel TV Animation projects.
- Review weekly detail reports for accuracy and makes reclassification as required.
- Track budget vs. actual costs; prepare Estimated Final Cost worksheets and distribute cost reports to studio leadership and Marvel Corporate Finance. Prepare and track monthly production cash flows and identify potential savings or cost overages.
- Responsible for working with the in-house production team and third-party payroll processing entities to process Union and voice talent payroll and to assist them with any issues.
- Work with Legal/ Business Affairs to ensure contracts are in place, contractual terms are followed, and payment schedules are issued in accordance with best practices
- Coordinate and review documentation for setting up vendors in PSL
- Process invoicing for all vendors, including setting up purchase orders if necessary.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed to successfully obtain production tax incentives
- Minimum three years of recent and relevant experience in TV Animation accounting. (television or film audit experience is a plus)
- Ability to self-manage and multitask
- Experience with entertainment accounting software (PSL / Vista).
- Experience with Microsoft Excel is strongly recommended
- Proficient in establishing and maintaining effective financial internal controls
- BA/BS in Accounting
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Animation, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Animation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.