Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Production Internship- LA Bureau, ABC News –Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 628185BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
Job Summary:As an intern, you will work in the Los Angeles bureau of the ABC Affiliate News Services, and gain hands-on experience working in a digital newsroom and taking part in the newsgathering efforts for network news.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- Assist producers with all aspects of newsgathering and production, including on-air segments
- Heavy phone and email contact with affiliate and clients producers, processing file video requests and excerpts of press conferences
- Cutting video using Avid Newscutter and desktop editing systems
- Logging and encoding file video using a cloud-based distribution system
- Possible opportunity to cover local events when news warrants, and contribute to news writing for the web
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- At least one professional news internship
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong proficiency in non-linear video editing software (Adobe Premiere, AVID or Final Cut Pro)
- Strong customer service skills
- Previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print and/or broadcast); television, news and new media production; and/or television news script writing
Preferred Qualifications:•Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date
•Degree in broadcast journalism, communications, or production preferred
•Previous internship in a professional newsroom/local news affiliate
•Experience in DV Cam operations
•Interest in politics
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility
- All candidates must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship
- All candidates able to work in the office in Glendale, CA and must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
•All candidates must be available from May/June to August/September
•All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours per week
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.