Production Manager - DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 780396BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Mar. 29, 2021
- Oversee the floor, working closely with the Line Producer, show creator, creative development team, and development production team to ensure that all production goals and deadlines are met. When issues/problems arise, the PM will flag the LP and bring forward suggestions on how to resolve the issues/problems. When the LP is out of the office, cover all applicable responsibilities.
- Oversee timecards for the crew and ensure that hours are allocated correctly and that overtime is approved and charged appropriately.
- Pre-pilot production: collaborate with the Visual Development team to launch and track early design exploration on the project in preparation for executive pitches and pilot approval.
- Pilot production: partner with each project’s Art Director to manage the Design team. This includes assigning artists work, setting artist deadlines, giving feedback when expectations are not met, and elevating concerns to the Production Executive and LP or AP when unable to resolve issues.
- As required, have regular contact with Vendor Studio. Work closely with Vendor Studio to ensure that both studios are on track and clear on expectations for the week. Flag any delays from WDTVA to Vendor as well as any issues brought to WDTVA from the Vendor. Ensure that new requests from the Vendor are reviewed and responded to in a timely manner.
- Oversee the Retake process and cover Retake sessions. This includes working with the Post Supervisor and/or Coordinator to ensure Mix dates and Final Playback sessions are on track to complete as scheduled.
- Work closely with Production Coordinators to schedule necessary meetings. Keep a close eye on the calendar to ensure that all required meetings are accounted for and that if there are conflicts, they are resolved or brought to the LP or AP to resolve.
- Work with (or cover duties, if show needs require) the Production Coordinators to manage script breakdown and processing, oversee storyboard conforming, collaborate with Casting, Music, Editorial, and Post Production departments to ensure show needs are met, enter data and production artwork into Insight, track status of all production artwork, and prepare all materials necessary for overseas Vendor Studio animation shipment.
- Train, mentor, and lead Production Coordinators to foster collaborative and nurturing mindset within the department. Likewise, partner closely with creative development team to ensure cohesive department collaboration across projects and larger studio initiatives.
- Track S&P and Legal notes.
- Work with LP or AP to regularly track and request artist deals and trigger payments to ensure no payments or deals are outstanding.
- Partner with IT and OPS to ensure that the artists and production staff have all hardware, software, and office/cube tools needed. If there is a request from the team, help facilitate it getting through to the appropriate departments and follow-up on their behalf as needed.
- Prepare paperwork for freelance staff. Identify single assignment and daily call needs with LP or AP and follow up to confirm that needs have been met. Work closely with artists to ensure their assignment and delivery expectations are clear.
- As needed, research and purchase reference/research materials.
- Provide any requested materials to other divisions and partners, per WDTVA guidelines.
- Ensure that all show elements and production material is archived as per WDTVA and studio policy. Perform all other applicable duties as assigned by WDTVA Leadership and per WDTVA policies and procedures.
- Proficient computer skills, such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong leadership skills
- Solid project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, strong written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all personality types
- Proven ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
Additional Information:Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.