Production Manager - RobogoboApply NowApply Later Job ID 994056BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Jun. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- As required, regular contact with Vendor Studio. Work closely with Vendor Studio to ensure that both studios are on track and clear on expectations for the week. Flag any delays from Series Writing team or Casting to Vendor. Communicate any issues brought to WDTVA from the Vendor
- Ensure that new requests from the Vendor are reviewed and responded to in a timely manner
- Communicate with Series Line Producer/Producer at Vendor studio regarding all production goals and deadlines
- Approve timecards for the WDTVA crew and ensure that hours are allocated correctly and that overtime is approved and charged appropriately
- Partner with the series leadership to manage the writing schedule and assignments to the writing team
- Create and Manage Storybook Schedule and facilitate through local and Vendor Studio.
- Ensure Scripts are shared with Brand Franchise, S&P, Music, Casting and Legal
- Collaborate with Vendor studio on weekly complexity and series reports
- Work closely with Production Department Secretary and other department assistants to schedule necessary meetings. Keep a close eye on the calendar to ensure that all required meetings are accounted for and that if there are any conflicts, they are resolved
- Working with Vendor Producer Track Creative, S&P, ERG and Legal notes
- Work with Production Executive and Vendor Line Producer to regularly track Consultant deals & payments to ensure no payments or deals are outstanding
- Partner with IT and OPS to ensure that the writers and production staff have all hardware, software and office/cube tools needed. If there is a request from the team, facilitate getting it through to the appropriate departments and follow-up on their behalf as needed
- In collaboration with the Production Executive, prepare paperwork for writing deals
- Identify single assignment needs with show leadership and follow up to confirm delivery dates have been met. Work closely with writers and production staff to ensure their assignment and delivery expectations are clear. In addition, will trigger applicable payments
- As needed, research and purchase reference/research materials in conjunction with Production Department Secretary
- Work closely with Vendor and Production Department Secretary to create series Credits, and ensure accuracy
- Provide any requested materials to other divisions and partners, per WDTVA guidelines
- Ensure that all show elements and production material is archived as per WDTVA and studio policy. Perform all other applicable duties as assigned by WDTVA Leadership and per WDTVA policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with Creatives and Executives, collaborate with peers, and manage and mentor artists and production teams
- Ability to oversee multiple projects as assigned
- Solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify and communicate red flags early
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Word, Final Draft, Excel, Outlook; ToonBoom Storyboard Pro; Adobe Photoshop; Insight or other Production tracking tools
- Excellent organizational skills, strong written & verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent years of experience
- Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.