Project Design Manager - Project HireApply NowApply Later Job ID 10069448 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 03, 2023
About the Role & Team
Walt Disney Imagineering makes the impossible possible, by combining innovation and storytelling to bring Disney stories, characters and worlds to life. Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. This talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects. Disney Imagineers are uniquely talented individuals that bring together the best aspects of creativity, innovation, and passion.
You will coordinate, plan, and manage the Design + Planning disciplines during the course of a specific project, land, or park. This includes coordination of efforts with Creative, Show Design and Production, and Ride studios, with accountability for the financial health of the projects.
You will report to the Principal Design Manager or Project Design Management Executive.
- Provide architecture, facilities engineering, and technical leadership from conceptual design through construction of themed entertainment projects!
- We act as the representative for the Studio Vice President and the Project Manager for the facility design process and product.
- Coordinate with functional management on staffing/costing and strategy issues.
- Develop the design strategy and ensure coordination with the Project team to inform and lead design schedules, labor estimates and budgets.
- Direct the technical coordination of design documents, models, specs, and basis of design among studios.
- Lead the activities of in-house staff and outside consultants in the preparation of construction contract documents.
- Provide technical and administrative directing to maintain project costs within budget with appropriate cost and schedule tracking and reporting.
- Ensure conformance to all divisional standards and procedures.
- Supervise design/build consultant as the owner's representative.
- Make recommendations on bid packages.
- We collaborate and may act as Project Architect on assigned venues when we self-perform!
- Directs and leads for venues assigned.
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- 5+ years of experience
- 10+ years of experience desired
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or architecture
This role is located in Glendale, CA.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This posting is seeking candidates to fill a position in Glendale, CA. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered. The hiring range/pay rate for this Design Manager position in Glendale, CA is $102,000 -$136,700 per year.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.