Already applied?View Dashboard
Project Engineer SrApply Now Apply Later Job ID 547064BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May. 10, 2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Responsible for the technical coordination and integration of the Environmental Design and Engineering (ED&E) disciplines during the course of a specific project, land, or park including coordination of ED&E efforts with Creative, Show, and Ride.
- Provide architecture and facilities engineering project coordination and integration from conceptual design through construction for a single complex attraction or multiple less complex project elements
- Leads technical integration and design input strategy by coordinating interdisciplinary inputs needs, milestones, and implementation.
- Responsible for quality assurance and control, both of design documentation as well as field construction.
- Lead a team in the production of designs, documentation for complex projects through all phases of design, production, testing, and documentation.
- Facilitate technical coordination of A/E design documents, models, specs, basis of design among Environmental Design & Engineering (ED&E) design disciplines and across WDI Divisions (Show, Ride, Creative), and in consideration of programmatic requirements (Operational Stakeholders)
- Proactively build, maintain, and track Issues Resolution Log (IRL) or similar document, including capturing design issues, assigning responsible parties, and tracking status and commitments that result from design reviews and meetings.
- Organize and facilitate big room/ICE (Integrated Concurrent Engineering) sessions, design reviews
- Timely preparation and handling of directives, submittals, justification for change, etc.
- Participation in regularly scheduled project meetings with project team, consultants and contractors
- Quality assurance and control, both of design documentation as well as field construction
- Prioritization of the team's design activities to insure the proper coordination and integration of the attraction design.
- Lead design review meetings for large projects involving all design and engineering disciplines, including all stakeholders involved in the project.
- Directs ED&E project team members on coordination and integration activities related to the technical scope of work; this also includes any 3rd party architecture and engineering consultants.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience
- Broad knowledge of the field of design and engineering for commercial building construction, including industry practices, construction methods, codes, technology, integration of multiple design and technical disciplines in the preparation and use of contract documents in all phases of design, engineering, and construction
- Knowledgeable in the use of computer technology in the CADD generation of drawings
- Interact and communicate with project team members, including project management and project creative leadership regarding design and coordination issues.
- Ability to make decisions with no supervision, related to the technical coordination and integration design process.
- Graduate of an accredited school of engineering or architecture with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- License required
- Advanced degree desired but not required
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.