Already applied?View Dashboard
Project Management Organization (PMO) ManagerApply Now Job ID 430689BR Location Glendale, California, United States Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts Job Posting Area Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 03/11/2017
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.Apply Now
The Project Management Organization Manager must possess a focused drive for results and be a champion of change and innovation. Additionally, the PMO Manager is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of practices and the integrated toolkit, studio budgeting and control, resource planning, development and implementation of training and talent development programs, and implementation of strategies with only broad guidance.
|The Project Management Organization (PMO) Manager reports to the Project Management (PM) Studio Executive Leader and is a critical member of the senior leadership team responsible for execution and activation of Project Management Studio strategies. The PMO Manager Integration will be responsible for managing daily activities and implementation of programs, processes, and tools that support organizational goals and requirements. The position is a key contributor for studio strategic planning and goal establishment. Accordingly, PM experience on complex projects and a deep understanding of PM and Project Controls (PC) concepts, practices, and procedures is required. The person must be able to leverage extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Strong communication, conflict resolution, and relationship skills are essential to the role in addition to possessing a genuine passion functional work.|
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for PM process and project initiation set-up
- Serves as a member of studio senior leadership team and a key contributor to annual strategic planning and goal setting with responsibility for driving implementation of defined action plans
- Able to implement strategies with only broad guidance
- Responsible for the definition, documentation, and maintenance of the studio standards, guidelines, templates, and processes
- Leads the establishment of Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) program and serves as a champion to collect, normalize, and communicate lessons learned and best practices ensuring deep understanding within the PM community and broader Imagineering organization as appropriate
- Serves as a change champion within the Studio in developing plans that ensure successful change adoption, strong communications, and technical support
- Facilitates and ensures establishment of healthy change management process for projects.
- Proactively collaborate with project teams to ensure effective implementation of PM program
- Performs project health checks to ensure compliance with PM practices and requirements, develops corrective actions plans where needed, and works collaboratively with project team to support as needed to bring into compliance.
- Responsible for innovation, quality, and integration of software tools including cost management, change management, risk management, earned value, planning, and reporting dashboards
- In partnership with the Technology Studio, define functional and technical requirements for studio technology tools, evaluate cost effective solutions, perform cost-benefit analysis, develop and execute Proof of Concept (POV), launch Minimum Viable Product (MVP), and develop training and implementation plan
- Develop and control annual operating plan (AOP) and resource plans that support the overall studio goals in partnership with the studio leadership team and Finance. Control includes analyzing variances, predicting impacts, and developing recovery plans.
- Define, collect, analyze, and communicate meaningful business metrics that align with historical and industry benchmarks.
- Understands PM deliverables and provides guidance as needed to contribute to team success in completing deliverables
- Partners with Project Controls Executive Leader and Regional Leaders to create effective, streamlined, and consistent Project Reviews for senior executive management. Also, facilitates debrief feedback to project teams to continuously improve forum.
- Leads design and implementation of engagement surveys including group communications and development of recommended actions to increase engagement
- Leads development and implementation of training and talent development programs including development of material, training the trainer, researching and customizing external training opportunities, ensuring implementation of annual training plans, establishing PM Summits, identifying and maximizing the utility of professional conferences and associations, and establishment of PM mentoring programs.
- Leads development and implementation of program to foster PM community development and effectively connect the global PM community.
- Works with other studio leaders and divisions of work leaders to conduct PM needs assessment and define action plans
- Partners with HR and PM Portfolio leaders to advance diversity, create a balanced talent strategy, institute strong mentoring and succession planning, and integrate HR programs and policies into the studio.
- Manages intern program
- Prepare and deliver effective executive presentations.
- Responsible to ensure the frequency, quality, and flow of communication within the studio.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in a project management
- Ability to translate high-level strategy into actionable plans
- Ability to distill complex information, including financial details, into engaging high-level messages accessible to a wide audience including senior executives
- Able to develop, maintain, and improve process and tools
- Highly dependable with strong work ethic
- Positive, energetic attitude and able to advance the studio culture and foster community
- Open minded and curious with a desire to explore possibilities beyond previous experiences
- Develop and mentor others in the department
- Ability to communicate effectively regardless of audience, including oral and written communications
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills
- Previous PMO or functional PM related experience or equivalent
- Problem solving ability
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably (Architecture/Engineering/Construction), or ten years equivalent work experience
- Post graduate discipline related training, seminars, and conferences preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP)