Project Manager – Content OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 771408BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 19, 2021
The Strategy team within GCO is responsible for setting the framework for execution, project management, setting KPIs and reporting on supply chain activity, as well as process improvement across the supply chain.
We are seeking a proactive, strategic Project Manager who will be part of the Disney Streaming Services Global Content Operations team in Glendale, CA, and reporting to the Director of Strategy. You will be responsible for lifecycle planning and project management of large catalog and territory launches for the Content Supply Chain of Disney+ with regard to project setup, milestone tracking, risk assessment and mitigation, and reporting on status throughout. The role will require strong collaboration and leadership with multiple teams across the company.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in project management and execution and in making sense out of chaos. They will be proactive to find solutions and make the right connections with people in order to problem-solve. They will be savvy with data visualizations and systems in order to present project status and summaries. They will not be afraid to innovate new paths or influence to get buy-in from partner teams or escalate when needed.
In success, the lifecycles and projects you drive will be executed smoothly, but you will be agile enough to plan for and pivot when surprises or roadblocks arise. You will drive clarity out of chaos for all teams involved and have gained their respect through partnership. You not only will come up with short-term plans, but a long-term roadmap to ensure subsequent weekly content launches are more efficient and cost effective. You are a clear communicator, both written and verbal, and can command a room. You seek simplicity and always have the customer in mind when creating solutions.
- Create workflows and milestones related to large catalog and territory launches for Disney+ to guarantee timely, high-quality execution across the supply chain
- Create and manage detailed project plans with milestones, ensure that all deadlines are met and all handoffs are successful and the project is moving through the pipeline
- Assess, communicate and mitigate risk, utilizing contingency plans as necessary. Manage through issue resolution.
- Collaborate with Global Content Operations, Programming, Studio Operations, Media Delivery, Marketing, Launch PMO, Product and Local Teams on workflow, timelines and requirements per project, keeping each team accountable for their deliverables. Remove roadblocks for interdependent teams.
- Communicate both detailed and high-level progress to stakeholders at large including executives
- Create and maintain documentation including project plans, templates, executive summaries and post-mortems
- 3+ years project management or consulting experience in direct-to-consumer organizations having incepted new projects and workflows
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to wide audiences on overall project health
- Able to articulate complex situations in simple terms and clearly identify next steps
- Strong attention to detail
- Global mindset, sensitive to other cultures
- Ability to build relationships and communicate with global contacts
- Savvy with data analysis and presentation
- Comfortable using various data management systems and tools (CMS, Excel, Google and Microsoft suites, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage through influence in complex organizational structures
- Ability to solve for the short term while constantly thinking of sustainable long-term plans
- Experience with international expansion and digital platform launches
- Streaming service experience
- Familiarity with content asset types and production and distribution lifecycles
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.