Project Manager, InnovationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 620204BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 09, 2019
Job Summary:The Innovation Project Manager, within the TIG team, will be responsible for the portfolio management of technology partners and various initiatives. This position requires proven experience with account management and portfolio management (including prioritizing, scheduling, budgeting and resourcing multiple cross-functional teams) as well as a strong familiarity with emerging technologies. Successful candidates must be highly proactive, detail-oriented, and able to autonomously work across multiple teams both inside and outside of the Disney Studios. They must be capable of clearly communicating schedules, risks, issues, and opportunities to a variety of technical, business, and creative stakeholders.
- Manage a portfolio of cross-functional projects including scope, schedule, and resources.
- Develop and manage the budgets of individual projects and the financials for the overall portfolio.
- Provide clear reporting of project status across all projects via executive dashboards that include: timelines, milestone tracking, budget status, issue identification, and resource management.
- Identify and manage program issues and risks and drive decision making and escalations.
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of business relationships with technology partners.
- Create and monitor KPIs for projects and technology partners.
- Apply Disney project management methodology and enforce project standards.
- Support the creation and closing of contracts.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and/or trends in technology for the Media and Entertainment industry.
- Proven track record in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing projects from definition through implementation.
- 2 to 5 years of increasing responsibility in project / program leadership delivering both small and large scale projects.
- At least 1 year of responsibility managing strategic accounts.
- The ideal candidate will have real-world experience managing projects in one or more of the following areas:
- Real-Time Graphics
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Real-Time Filmmaking
- Advanced Render & Compute
- Mobile Device Development
- Media and Entertainment industry experience a plus.
- Action oriented with high standard for quality and performance.
- Proactive and possess a hands-on, collaborative working style.
- Excellent abilities in public communications and consensus building.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Creative problem solver.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.