Already applied?View Dashboard
Project Manager, Themed EntertainmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 696187BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Aug. 07, 2019
- Work along with the Creative Director of Themed Entertainment on day to day departmental functions with specific focus on managing Marvel’s presence at domestic and international conventions
- Assist with other execution types such as; arena shows, museum exhibits, and theme parks
- Create meeting agendas and follow up notes
- Pull Marvel creative content from various company resources to aid partners, licensees and vendors
- Establish and develop external business relationships
- Trafficking projects
- Attending planning meetings
- General research
- Collaborating with various partners through to completion of the project and manage on-site execution
- Prior work experience in Project Management. Exhibit/Convention/Expo experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote. Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, solve problems and implement solutions
- Ability to thrive in a bottom-line focused, lean, fast, start-up like culture and a willingness to wear many hats
- Strong interest/knowledge in the Marvel brand of characters and themed experiences
- Desire to develop and assist in creating superior guest/user experiences that enhance the perception of the Marvel brand
- Interest/Knowledge in a variety of subject matter from retail to food & beverage to theater
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with a team and give clear direction that represents Marvel in the best light
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the Fine Arts, Theater, Communications or other related field of study
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.