Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 815634BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jun. 18, 2021
Job Summary:Marvel Entertainment is seeking a Project Manager to work closely with our lines of business. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and team player who loves breaking down problems, building solutions, and working in a changing environment. Importantly, s/he must have the proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. This includes engaging with senior management, operations & engineering teams to communicate timelines, prioritization, risk and status.
The PM will participate in key system evaluation, design, implementation, and testing as well and providing system support. They will also oversee priority needs to drive efficiency and process improvements across the business.
In addition, they will provide daily support to the end user community, identify improvement opportunities and participate in solutions.
Responsibilities:Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day support of existing applications, including resolving issues and implementing user requested changes.
- Identify, create, and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and system process analysis and design at a moderately complex level
- Extract and monitor metrics to identify trends and patterns that may lead to process/system opportunities for improvement
- Analyzing cost (and capital) savings along with revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Participate in all areas of a project, including but not limited to business requirements gathering, process flow definition, solution design, testing, documentation, and training.
- Work not only with the business stake-holders, but all areas of IT including Governance, Security, Architecture, Administrators and Development.
- Effectively communicate with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members
- Preparing materials for senior management highlighting opportunity rationale, risks, financial impact and link to strategic roadmap.
- Connect process priorities to align with organizational goals
- Work closely with external vendors when needed
- Stay current on business issues, industry trends and technology advances
- Understanding and defining technology needs of the organization today and in the future; integrating requirements into long term strategic vision.
- Assessing current market trends, identifying and evaluating future technologies and evaluating the potential impact on the organization.
- Undergraduate degree
- PPM Certification or equivalent experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.