Already applied?View Dashboard
Publicist, Global Television PublicityApply Now Apply Later Job ID 692949BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Aug. 01, 2019
- Work with senior team members, on key messaging and publicity opportunities for live action, new media and animated series
- Coordinate with Marketing team to ensure all larger promotional goals are achieved and Marketing Team is aware of all Publicity plans.
- Exhibit professional, timely communication with key executives across multiple Marvel LOBs and with Network partners to ensure goals are met
- Demonstrate ability to develop strategic Publicity plans for multiple ongoing television, animation and new media series in line with larger marketing plans and corporate goals.
- Ensure all necessary Communications documents are maintained and distributed in a timely manner with key executives
- Ensure POs are initiated for all relevant projects and communicate regularly with Finance lead to ensure everything is submitted and processed in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain relationships with key press members as well as network/partner
Communications – Internal
- Work with team to develop Communications & Publicity aspects of key Marketing and Publicity meetings.
- Build strong relationships with partners across all LOBs, both within and outside of Marvel
- Communicate frequently with Vice President on project status and follow-ups; know when to elevate matters
- Oversee management of communications tracking documents on weekly basis
- Possess strong presentation skills, both oral and written
- Respond in a timely manner to all emails and requests
Communications - Creative Review & Approvals
- Manage routing and approval of publicity materials for Live Action, New Media and Animation series, including but not limited to press releases, network planning documents, e-mails, video.
- Collect and provide all executive, stakeholder and legal feedback and provide clear direction to partners for changes.
- Develop written communications including Press releases, talking points, internal communications documents, working closely with VP to ensure adherence to deadline and brand standards.
- Maintain press lists and other various PR documents
- Work with VP for all Marvel TV, New Media and Animation opportunities as point of contact for Media outlets to evaluate/execute requests, develop relationships and proactively pitch coverage.
- Act as advocate, working with VP, to present new Publicity opportunities to Marvel for all live-action and animated series.
- Develop proposals for events, including summary briefs and budget projections.
- Plan and executive publicity junkets, premiere events, conventions and misc. events with support of PR staff.
- Must have ability to travel to events on select weekdays, weeknights and weekends both domestically and internationally as required.
- 2-3 years of similar publicity or communications experience
- Intimate knowledge of the Marvel brand, including the publishing division
- Experience in public speaking, writing/editing press releases & creating marketing/publicity plans
- Detail oriented and ability to meet strict deadlines
- A self-starter with an impeccable ability to multi-task and work on a number of projects at once
- Preferred Education: A degree in Communications, Marketing or English
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.