QA Analyst I
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 877320BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 01, 2021
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
DMED is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
The DMED Productivity Engineering team is seeking a skilled and dedicated Quality Assurance Analyst I to join our team. As a QA Analyst I, this individual will work together with all of DMED Engineering teams to streamline and execute all app submission and release processes; they will also work closely with the product teams and other stakeholders. Additionally, this individual will ensure the privacy and security compliance for all DMED apps, as well as assist the Productivity Engineering team with quality testing when needed.
This QA position within Productivity Engineering is responsible for handling the submissions and other store processes for all apps under the DMED umbrella as well as having a strong focus on ensuring the compliance of Disney privacy and security standards for all DMED apps. This also includes strong communication out to all teams of the status of submission and release and working closely with the Product and Engineering teams. Details of these responsibilities are listed below:
• Submit apps to publishers and handling all communication needs
• Develop and maintain relationships with store partners
• Communicates release status to the product stakeholders
• Handle all app store portal responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
o Generating APNS certificates
o Generating provisioning profiles for device testing
o Generating reports for the product stakeholders
• Maintain, edit and execute privacy test cases
• Other testing
- 0 - 2 years of relevant quality and/or technical analyst experience
- Experience using Apple’s App Store Connect and/or Google Developer Console portals
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to talk to app stakeholders about requests and clearly inform teams of any issues regarding submissions or development tasks
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to take initiative with incoming requests
- Knowledge and understanding of Application Lifecycle Management, Software Development and Agile Development/Testing practices and methodologies.
- Ability to work and participate in a team with open and collaborative style of communications.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of test management tools
- Experience with manual and/or automation testing for iOS and Android mobile apps and websites
- Experience using proxy tools (such as Charles)
- Experience using terminal commands
- Knowledge of Disney’s product portfolio including 20th Century, Marvel, and National Geographic.
- A passion for technology!
Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or 4 years relevant experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.