Quality Assurance Lead
Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 913347BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 10, 2022
Job Summary:The QA Lead will “lead” the testing effort for multiple applications or products through the testing cycle. The QA Lead will execute test plans on pre-release/release versions of applications or products to detect, record and evaluate product defects. This position requires a solid understanding of testing life cycles, experience with a variety of testing techniques, and strong written and organizational skills. The QA Lead will act as a conduit for their QA team for the project they are assigned to, ensuring an effective and organized test process that releases the highest quality product possible, and completing these projects on time and within budget.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers
- Attend meetings with stakeholders and communicate QA needs and concerns
- Develop and execute against testing budgets. Adjust staffing as needed and ensure that all project hours are tracked properly and that they are in line with budgetary projections
- Creation of project test plans, test cases, and reporting in coordination with production, development, and QA leaders
- Coordinate with Quality Engineers to identify and prioritize test areas in need of automation
- Create, monitor, and control metrics impacting product and team quality.
- Keep proper documentation and audit trails regarding action taken against reported bugs, production requests and developer communications
- Regularly check the bug database contents, bug reports, and TestRail suites
- Develop, enact, and manage testing schedules, ensuring that the QA team meets expectations and deadlines
- Train and evaluate testing resources, both internal and external vendors
- Responsible for review and approval of QA relevant project milestones and releases
- 2 years QA Sr Tester experience
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Experience working in an Agile Development methodology
- Proficient with Jira and TestRail or similar bug tracking database
- Capacity to create and implement innovative testing procedures and materials
- Actively communicates a positive, outgoing approach to Quality Assurance
- Able to give and accept positive as well as constructive feedback
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and prioritize multiple tasks
- Coding and programming experience
- Strong project management skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Disney Brand
- Associates Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.