Already applied?View Dashboard
R&D Imagineer-Operations MgrApply Now Apply Later Job ID 618271BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Dec. 11, 2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
The R&D Imagineer - Operations Manager is responsible for the management of R&D facilities, operations, and planning and execution of all department demos, tours, and events as well as many aspects of general Studio operations, space use, and culture.
- Functionally report to the R&D Business Operations Director responsible for studio strategy, operations, and finance
- Proactively plan and manage building space use & allocation, including work space, offices, parking spaces, and mock-up bay for all R&D real estate
- Partner with WDI Facilities and Operations department to plan and manage vendor activities for modifications and construction to R&D real estate
- Closely partner and sync with WDI Facilities and Safety to ensure compliance with security, building and safety protocols
- Partner with Studio Lead and Open House Creative Director to produce R&D Open House and roadshow
- Partner with Studio Lead and executives to prioritize R&D demonstration requests and VIP tours
- Coordinate logistics and planning for all internal and external R&D demonstrations and VIP tours
- Manage overall R&D Events calendar
- Plan and coordinate R&D Studio events (e.g. training, cultural activities, All Hands meetings, off-sites, etc.)
- Coordinate and maintain studio play test calendar
- Partner with R&D Studio Lead and executives to develop communication plan to studio members
- Functionally manage, lead and develop administrative team
- Proactively manage, coordinate and synchronize Studio operations to ensure a functioning work environment and smooth day-to-day operations
- Lead, nourish, and enrich the culture and community of the studio
- Build trusted relationships with Disney executives and supporting staff as well as internal partners in facilities and other departments
- Provide timely updates to Sr. Staff on all items above
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in an event management and/or department operations role with leadership experience
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate high profile, high throughput events
- Ability to translate high level scope/vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Ability to effectively organize, structure and manage operations
- Proven team leadership and staff management skills
- Proven ability to manage, build and motivate highly effective administrative teams
- Strategic & creative thinker with a strong focus on operations and delivery
- Ability to communicate clear and concise updates to all levels within organization
- Ability to define and organize scope and move it forward with regular check ins
- Able to manage & prioritize multiple assignments in chaotic/changing environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively on diverse teams
- Demonstrate a desire to constantly improve and expand personal skills
- Positive/optimistic attitude
- Highly dependable with strong work ethic
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships with executives at the highest levels of the company
- Able to effectively negotiate conflicting requests in the best interest of the Studio
- Ability to create a positive and fun working environment
- Proven ability to oversee and manage external consultants and vendors (catering, event staff, etc.)
- Knowledge of Disney policies and procedures
- Knowledge or interest in facilities, construction, architecture
- Existing 1st degree relationships with Disney executives and administrative staff
- BA in communications, operations management, business management, or equivalent work experience
- Masters degree
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.