R&D Imagineer Princ - AI/Machine Learning Engineer
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 666072BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted 07/05/2019
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen! Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer works with electrical, mechanical and software engineers, artists, and designers and is expected to be a critical team player integrating machine learning during design and development of platforms to enable new guest experiences.
Responsibilities:Specific tasks may include:
- Architecting machine learning software systems in areas such as real-time perception, language understanding, speech processing, anomaly detection and predictive analytics.
- Rapid prototyping and development of end to end machine learning solutions.
- Specification, design and development of data collection and annotation tools and pipelines.
- Specification, design and development of optimization tools for deployed systems.
- Integrate machine learning solutions with robotics and other deployed platforms.
- Perform testing and verification of systems under real-world conditions.
- 5+ years industry or academic experience (minimum 2+ years in machine learning or AI).
- Demonstrated experience independently designing, specifying, integrating, and testing real-time machine learning systems in challenging real-world environments.
- Familiarity with key machine learning libraries such as PyTorch, Tensorflow and Caffe.
- Ability to write, debug and review C, C++, and Python software.
- Experience applying different machine learning architectures (DNN, GAN, RNN, CNN, LSTM) to a wide variety of problems and data types.
- Experience taking applications from concept to solution: including data collection, annotation, model specification, training, and deployment.
- A positive, energetic and collaborative attitude necessary to provide support and guidance to peers.
- Proven track record of adaptability and creativity in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively.
- Strong desire to build practical machine learning solutions informed by (but not limited by) theoretical underpinnings.
- Experience with hardware accelerated machine learning processing pipelines.
- Demonstrated experience testing and validation of robust real-time machine learning algorithms in real world environments.
- Experience deploying machine learning solutions on embedded platforms.
- Master of Science or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.