Already applied?View Dashboard
Realtime Technical AssistantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 656344BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Apr. 04, 2019
These two groups are collaborating on an experimental content production initiative, which involves the use of realtime technology (game engines) to produce high-quality linear animation and transmedia experiences. We are seeking experienced, motivated self-starters passionate about transformational innovation and exploring future-looking content production technologies. This is the second phase of a successful R&D project and is expected to last approximately one year, and, in success, to continue on to a third phase.
Responsibilities:The Realtime Technical Assistant reports to the Realtime CG Supervisor and is tasked with supporting various in-engine support functions. The Realtime Technical Assistant validates files and assets received from external vendors, assists Realtime Lighting Technical Directors and Realtime Cinematic Creators in the setup and maintenance of project files, and supports final output processes from the engine. This role is an entry-level position.
● Support Realtime CG Supervisor in the management of production’s assets and pipeline.
● Support Cinematic Creators in setup and management of project files.
● Support Realtime Technical Directors and Artist in the rendering of final frames out of the realtime engine.
● Log and report on various bugs and issues that production teams encounter during the course of production.
● Own the structure of the production’s file depot, ensuring its proper maintenance and organization.
● Create various stand-in assets and rigs as needed, with guidance from the Realtime CG Supervisor, Realtime Animation Supervisor, and Art Director.
Basic Qualifications:● Experience in realtime engine (game engine) workflows and pipelines.
● Ability to evaluate and resolve technical problems with processes and tools during production.
● Experience with Version Control Systems, such as Perforce, in a production environment.
● Ability to thrive in an environment with ever-evolving processes and goals.
● Understanding of standard DCC packages and workflows, such as Maya and Houdini.
Preferred Qualifications:● Experience with Unity realtime engine.
● Experience with coding in C#.
● Experience with graphics engineering for realtime engines.
● Experience with motion capture.
● Experience with virtual reality, augmented reality, or game productions.
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.