Receptionist / Office CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 560699BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted May. 30, 2018
Job Summary:Marvel Entertainment is looking for a Receptionist who is friendly, highly-motivated, and extremely detail-oriented. As the first person our clients, visitors and future employees encounter, the Receptionist is responsible for creating a lasting, positive, and professional impression.
As part of the IT & Technical Operations team at Marvel, the Receptionist will enjoy a variety of engagements across the media production and distribution lifecycle, and will have exposure to various parts of the business including production, post production, partnerships/promotions, marketing, business development, and more.
In addition, the ideal candidate is technologically savvy and a quick-learner. S/he must be able to efficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment while keeping track of priorities and status of each to completion.
- Answer and field all incoming phone calls on a multi-line console in a timely, courteous manner. Accurately route each call.
- Promptly greet visitors in a friendly and approachable manner; ensure they sign in properly and contact appropriate company personnel of their arrival.
- Ensure a clean and welcoming lobby area for all clients, visitors, and employees.
- Manage the kitchen, copy room, and reception area to ensure rooms are tidy and stocked with supplies.
- Provide additional administrative support such as mail distribution and visitor parking spot assignments.
- Generate facility management requests for maintenance and repairs in a complete and timely manner. Track through to completion and escalate potential delays.
- Effectively manage conference room calendar and book requests.
- Assist the digital ad team by coordinating with licensees to retrieve/distribute assets.
- Proactive in assisting larger organization with asset management, i.e., data entry, metadata tagging, archive, and more.
- Performance of other duties and/or special projects as needed. Provide support to the Marvel west-coast IT and Technical Operations team.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as a receptionist or in a related customer service role.
- Must be able to life up to 15-20lbs.
- Demonstrated professionalism, is polished and poised.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, including phone etiquette.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills; build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Proven track record of managing multiple priorities; with strong organizational skills.
- Must possess effective listening skills and take direction well.
- Adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Proficient skill-set in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Strong experience with computers, including: Operating Systems (Macintosh and Windows), Browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer)
- Self-starter on assigned projects
- Passionate about film, television and animation production and possess willingness to learn and grow with the company.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.