Already applied?View Dashboard
Research/Software Engineer Sr - Disney ResearchApply Now Apply Later Job ID 512156BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Aug. 10, 2018
Job Summary:We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to complement our team in LA. The Disney Research software engineering team supports the individual research groups in all aspects of software development, from implementing and optimizing specific algorithms and helping in designing larger software frameworks, to providing and maintaining fundamental software libraries used by multiple research groups. We also play a key role in technology transfers, by helping getting research results out to the various business units of The Walt Disney Company and converting research code intro production code that is customized and maintained according to the business units’ specific needs.
- Develop and deliver robust, modern multithreaded software applications and frameworks that runs on different architectures and platforms.
- Work independently and in highly diverse and multidisciplinary teams and with external vendors.
- Occasionally leads software development efforts.
- Operate in a dynamic environment that is very fluid and ever changing (typical software engineers operate in a waterfall method)
- Must be able to interface and partner with both Engineers and Researchers in facilitating an iterative process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent software engineering skills.
- Common software development tools, environments, compilers, version control and build systems.
- C/C++, Python, MATLAB.
- Expertise in at least one of the following: computer graphics/vision, machine learning, GPU programming, embedded and real-time systems.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Proficiency in producing reliable, maintainable software.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in writing.
- Availability to occasionally travel to support system design, development, or installation efforts.
- Preferred minimum five years software engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or science discipline (Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Computer Science preferred).
- Master’s degree in an engineering or science discipline.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.