Already applied?View Dashboard
Retail Operations Training LeadApply Now Apply Later Job ID 526438BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 02/27/2018
Inspire memories that last a lifetime…. That’s what we do at Disney Consumer Products & Interactive. Join us and be a part of the award-winning team that brings Disney characters and their stories to life in the homes of consumers of all ages….
This position is primarily accountable to ensure Store Cast Members have the required technical, operational and soft skills to effectively perform their roles. The position will partner closely with operational, functional and HR stakeholders across TDS, and will report dually into the VP of HR for The Disney Store and to the Director of Learning & Development for Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media.
- Oversight of TDS field-based curriculum and content, training tools, assessments, measurement strategy, etc., from Cast Member through Market Manager
- Provide support and leadership to the Store Experience team to support new store openings
- Develop and maintain a short- and medium learning strategy that prioritizes and sequences learning initiatives spanning operational, functional and soft skills
- Engage internal functional and operational partners for periodic reviews of TDS standards library or other learning documentation to ensure up-to-date
- Make relevant updates to Mission Magic Store Manager/Learning Resources to ensure they are current
- Evaluate operational and functional stakeholder requests and needs to determine the most relevant, impactful and efficient solutions to close capability and knowledge gaps, and consult on training strategy for those partners
- Engage internal Learning Center of Excellence for design/development of training projects spanning operational and functional areas, and/or partner with external vendors for updates or design of new training or performance support tools
- Assess and evaluate effectiveness of learning initiatives and TDS field-based curriculum to ensure curriculum meets role-based performance needs
- Develop and provide resources and best practices to internal functional and operational partners to support key learning initiatives (e.g., “meeting-in-a-box”, etc.)
- Facilitation of internal soft skills for classroom- and web-based facilitation and developing market trainers to provide operational, functional and soft skill training as needed
- Monitor, track and provide training reports to operational, functional and HR partners to drive accountability of learning completions and progression
- Testing of learning technology enhancements and interfacing with technology partners to ensure learning technology strategy is contemporary and meets the needs of our cast and the business
- Ensure testing strategy for new/updated eLearning content and performance support tools to ensure they are store-ready, including uploading into LMS
- 3-5 years’ progressive experience in performance consulting, training, learning & development, or organizational development
- Experience working in retail with multi-site locations
- Knowledge and expertise in operational training
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Ability to consult with business leaders, analyze needs and propose solutions
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management/consulting skills and prioritization/organization skills for fast-paced environment.
- Proven self-started requiring minimal direction, follow-up and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain strong client relationships
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding and applications of the principles of Adult Learning and other learning performance models
- Knowledge and ability to apply variety of performance support solutions spanning training, performance support, and experience-based development
- Proficiency in training processes and with training resources and learning technologies (e.g., LMS, LCMS, web-based delivery platforms, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with the delivery and communication of training
- Experience in facilitation of classroom and web-based environment to diverse learners
- Experience in development and management of blended learning programs
- BA/BS in Instructional Systems Design, Education, Performance Consulting, Training/Curriculum Development or related field required. MA/MBA/MS preferred in Industrial Psychology, Organizational Behavior/Psychology, Organizational Development/Effectiveness.
- Formal certification/education/experience in applying ADDIE or related learning models, adult development theory, or curriculum development
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
This position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive, an equal opportunity employer.