Ride Electronics Labs Group LeadApply NowApply Later Job ID 980154BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 02, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Ride Electronics Labs Group Lead works within WDI's Ride Studio support theme park attraction project teams. You will plan, perform, and direct advanced electronics technician responsibilities to support ride control system mock-ups, prototypes, and industrial control panel production and assembly for several creative ride and show products. As a technical leader, you work with engineers and other technicians to create customized solutions for Disney's theme parks. You support outside vendor fabrication and assembly efforts, and ride installation efforts, with best practice advice, quality review, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
- Plan, perform, and direct circuit board and control cabinet assembly
- Plan, perform, and direct wire termination and labeling
- Plan, perform, and direct mechanical assembly
- Conduct work observing UL 508a
- Establish, ensure and enforce quality of assigned scope
- Identify and apply industry and internal standards/codes to assigned tasks
- Establish safety policies and procedures
- Create, read, interpret, and review electronics schematics and assembly drawings
- Operate and maintain lab equipment, including calibration schedules
- Conduct advanced testing on electronic assemblies, including PCBs
- Determine component requirements from electronics schematics
- Research and recommend new products, technologies & methodologies
- Lead mock-up efforts and make recommendations for outcomes
- Troubleshoot and resolve electronics assembly issues in the lab, at vendors, and at installation sites
- Plan and direct large projects and provide technical advice and training to junior technicians
- Manage lab personnel, including outside resources
- Plan and coordinate lab projects and tasks
- Design and produce electronic assemblies, including industrial control panels and printed circuit boards
- Provide procurement support for control systems design and delivery efforts
- Professional knowledge of advanced electronics
- Professional knowledge of electronics safety protocols
- Advanced circuit board and wire termination soldering skills
- Experience with electronics lab equipment and safety protocols
- Experience troubleshooting electronics circuits
- Experience working directly with electronics controls engineers to design circuits and control systems
- Experience with cost and scheduling estimates
- Experience in training and managing multiple personnel
- Minimum 5 years electronics industry related experience with 2 years at Senior Technician level
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, for durations of a week to a couple months
- Previous experience in creating electronics schematics
- Previous experience in designing control cabinet layouts
- Knowledge of PCB manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of electronics lab equipment to include oscilloscope, RF generators, power test meters
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- High school diploma or equivalent
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.