Already applied?View Dashboard
Sales Associate - Operations Specialist (MOG)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 554973BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jul. 25, 2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Responsibility is to support management in ensuring Mickey’s of Glendale retail store business operates in a financially sound manner including, but not limited to Guest service, operations, merchandising, and inventory management.
Responsibilities:Loss Prevention and Administration
- Actively support securing company assets through effective Loss Prevention in compliance with company policies and procedures. Participates in all physical inventories
- Help control and maintain shrink within budgeted guidelines through timely and accurate merchandise receipts, markdowns, RTV, and mark out of stocks
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the TWDC Quality Assurance Program to ensure all product passes the product Safety and Reliability Tests and Federal Safety standards
- Assist in sourcing product/art development flow from concept to final product for internal business unit and project team orders
- Assist in maintaining the MOG website including posting, sales transaction, and shipping of incoming orders
- Assist in forecasting/monitoring stock levels in key categories, such as tickets and media
- Assist in reconciliation and compliance to daily cash, banking, and written store audit procedure as needed
- Uphold all company policies as outlines in the Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Policy Manual and Code of Business Conduct
- Configure site modules, promotions and products and implement applicable business rules to drive site display
- Working knowledge on the functionality and tooling necessary to create, manage, and optimize product offering and site layout
- Ensure consistency across the site in navigation, product features, search, and placement of creative assets
Sales and Guest Service
- Maximize sales and provide a high level of service that exceed the Guest’s expectations
- Assists with cash wrap and mobile POS duties in an efficient and timely manner
- Proudly and professionally represent the company and its branded product at bi-annual conventions.
- Support all Disney Cast activities and team centers
- Take a proactive role in maintaining the Disney brand in visual standards and housekeeping
- Support and ensure execution of all shipment receiving and processing procedures to guest-ready standards
- Assist team with merchandising, product placement, replenishment of the sales floor, and additional merchandising tasks based on the needs of the business
- Support training of new sales associates as needed
- Support a positive and creative working environment
- Minimum 2 years of previous inventory management and Guest service experience in a fast paced retail environment
- Working knowledge of computer software Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, Illustrator, Power Point, POS system, and comfortable adapting to purchasing systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and effectively communicate with Guests, peers and management within and among all the Walt Disney business units
- Strong organizational skills, versatility and ability to multi task
- Proven success in decision-making, diplomacy, and flexibility
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service through product and show
- Demonstrated cash handling skills
- Highly motivated, results oriented, and able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced and high energy retail environment
- Visual merchandising display savvy
- Able to work a flexible retail schedule that meets the needs of the business including, evenings, weekend, and key off site special events
- Maintain a professional appearance and adhere to the company guidelines
- Ability to lift boxes that weigh up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Familiarity with the Disney Brand and it's standards in guest engagement and service
- Requires local and out of state travel
- 2 year college degree or equivalent
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.