Already applied?View Dashboard
School and Library Marketing CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 529240BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted 02/28/2018
The School and Library Marketing team at Disney Publishing Worldwide is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Coordinator for our Glendale, CA office. This position will work closely with the Marketing, Publicity and Editorial teams in both the NY and CA offices as well as with teachers, librarians and authors. Must be interested in children’s/YA books, have strong writing skills, be able to efficiently manage diverse responsibilities in a high-volume work environment and be willing to travel several times per year.Apply Now Apply Later
- General Requests- Main contact for any general request or query, including reviewer/blogger requests, school visits follow up and support for authors, promotional material requests
- Donations- Manages donations to charitable causes of unused galleys and promotional materials, as well as selective book donations.
- SAP knowledge and training- Responsible for author set ups, vendor maintenance, etc. within SAP system. Orders supplies for department.
- Author reimbursements- Ensures authors submit receipts for expenses incurred during conventions/school visits, then submits invoices and completes process in SAP, with necessary follow up and troubleshooting.
- Contact- Main contact for all awards coordinators and committees, maintains correspondence per submission dates, policies, and results.
- Submissions- Culls lists from eligible titles for each award, submits titles per varying policies. Follows up with awards chairs that appropriate titles have been received. Fulfills requests.
- Reviewers- Sends out galleys and F&Gs to reviewers 4-6 months before publication with pub slip material to ensure timely reviews. Follows up with finished books upon publication. Notify reviewers of any pub date or content changes after materials have been sent.
- Reviews- Collects, tracks, and distributes reviews to appropriate distribution list with special tracking for starred reviews.
- Catalog Checklist- Compile list of titles available for each season (twice a year). Write and email out catalog checklist (digital) mailing to key reviewers, bloggers, librarians, and teachers for each season, and then coordinate with warehouse to fulfill requests.
- YALSA Galley Mailing- Write and send seasonal mailing to YALSA galley teen group distribution.
- Big Mouth- Coordinates mailing of selected galleys and/or F&Gs and to industry influencers, aka “Big Mouths”.
- Special Mailings- Coordinates special mailings of specific titles to targeted teacher/librarian lists oversees Learning Magazine special prize mailings.
- Author Travel- Work with authors to book travel for S&L conferences and events. Compile and send final schedule to authors.
- Show Duties- Attend 4-6 national conferences a year with the S&L Marketing Team. Assist with booth setup and displays, escorts authors, participate in previews, author dinners, awards dinners and ceremonies, conference events, etc. Booth duties include galley and promo giveaway, hand sell titles, answer queries, and collect information and contacts for database lists. Support author signings and bookselling/giveaways.
- Follow Up- Follow up with contacts made at convention, as well as author reimbursements for expenses
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- College degree preferred
- Detailed Oriented
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to nurture relationships