Senior Account ExecutiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 773284BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 04, 2021
- Accountable for revenue and profitability targets at designated accounts
- Forecast title unit and revenue plans at accounts, with quarterly updates
- Build and enhance relationship with designated account(s)
- Make presentations to buyers as needed for new titles, special offers and promotions
- Collaborate with DPEP Integrated Retail peers to build and draft programs and activities across the entire publishing department, and in other product categories at Retail
- Provide written reports and account recaps as needed including feedback on titles, promotional plans, cover art and other pertinent information
- Make specific title recommendations reflective of Disney, Marvel, Lucas, Hyperion, and National Geographic key initiatives and the accounts needs to maximize sales
- Work with internal publicity department and accounts events department to secure author appearances and events
- Develop specific title opportunities for both front list and backlist titles as appropriate
- Identify trends within account base
- Work with internal marketing department to develop marketing programs and plans reflective of accounts needs to increase sales
- Attend and participate in weekly sales and marketing meetings
- Participate in and make recommendations for new title acquisitions and jacket concept meetings
- Provide estimates for title sales as required
- Manage co-op advertising budget for designated accounts
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for publishing product lines to be able to provide account base feedback on titles, cover art, pricing, promotional plans, trends and other relevant information
- Provide account base with updates on publication changes, publicity updates and other information relevant to enhancing title sales
- Attend trade shows, managers meetings or other events as needed
- Travel as necessary for sales calls
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization
- 5-7 years of sales experience in a sales organization.
- Strong understanding of the retail landscape, sales and retail marketing strategies, as well as brand and property positioning.
- Experience with managing promotional budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & presentation skills.
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives/issues simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Full computer literacy, experience with Retail Link is preferred.
- BA/BS degree in related field preferred
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.