Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Marketing Analyst, Business IntelligenceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 677930BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 20, 2019
Within CIMA, the Strategic Analytics team is seeking a Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence to support Consumer Products (CP), the division of DPEP that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.
In this role, the Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence must possess a strong knowledge of data structure and a passion for marketing data and analytics. This individual will leverage their BI platforming and systems knowledge to enable more data-centric analysis that provides business impact to the Consumer Products segment. This role will be responsible for managing, maintaining, and transforming large quantities of media, sales, product, and event data in order to enable the organization to maximize its marketing return on investment and effectiveness of consumer programs.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, Strategic Analytics and will be based in Glendale, CA.
- Identify new and robust sources of media data and plan technical solutions for onboarding
- Data acquisition – work with Technology partners to onboard new sources
- Data transformation – manage ETL process, QC data to be compatible with internal reporting platform and ensure data accuracy
- Use programming languages and relational databases for data acquisition, ETL, data cleansing & QA, and analysis
- Automate data acquisition and storage, provide ongoing database support
- Recommend data management solutions
- Document all data processes
- Set-up and conduct on-going data QA to ensure data used for reporting and analysis is accurate
- Create database views and BI interfaces that enhance UX for anyone analyzing data
- Dashboard development and data visualization
- Provide data support for regularly scheduled meetings, presentations, and ad hoc requests
- Find marketing opportunities and mitigate risks by mining data and conducting data analyses
- Report any key issues or learnings to senior leadership
- Become marketing data SME to develop an expertise and evangelize those data sets
- 4+ years of experience in business intelligence and/or data engineering roles
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, data science, applied mathematics, statistics, or other related fields.
- Expertise in relational databases, data processing, and big data environments (Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle, AWS, BigQuery)
- Expertise in programming languages (SQL, R, Python, Hive, SPSS, Excel)
- Comfortable learning and using new programming or markup languages and tools
- Proficient with business intelligence and data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Microstrategy)
- Experience working with marketing, paid media, CRM, digital, and social media data (Google Ads, YouTube, Facebook, Adobe Analytics/Omniture)
- Proven analytical capabilities and data mining skills
- Strong attentiveness to detail
- Proven team player and strong partnering skills
- Demonstrated proactive problem-solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver work on time
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, complex, and ambiguous business environment
- Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, hard-working, good work ethic and an on-point business intuition
- 7+ years data & analytics experience
- Experience in consumer products, retail, publishing, or digital products strongly preferred
- Prior knowledge of internal Disney data and databases
- Prior experience with DMP and adtech/martech platforms
- Project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, data science, applied mathematics, statistics, or other related analytics fields
- Advanced degree in an analytics field or MBA
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.