Senior Analyst, Content Strategy and Analysis (Walt Disney Television)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 764571BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Aug. 19, 2020
This role is responsible for creating and delivering compelling presentations that provide strategic insights and recommendations rooted in data – across OTV’s owned, social, and third-party digital platforms. These monthly reports, as well as ad-hoc content performance and optimization analyses, are geared to provide strategic recommendations for content and digital editorial teams, along with OTV senior executives.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail-oriented, strategic, and proactive. Additionally, the candidate should have superior knowledge of excel and data visualization, as well experience working in digital analytics field, preferably in news, media, or e-commerce.
Responsibilities:Analytics / Reporting
- Build and present three reports every month to a range of key stakeholders; reports cover owned digital platforms, social and third-party platforms, and Localish
- Create one-page monthly business reviews and key takeaways for the Presidents/GMs of all eight owned stations
- Translate complex data into business implications via excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Identify key metrics and help design automated reports and dashboards
- To act as a support function in relation to digital analytics and troubleshooting complex issues
- Work with content strategists and digital leads to ensure that data tests and tracking are configured correctly for reporting
- Work in close partnership with content and digital editorial teams to develop insights and form well-supported growth strategies for our business
- Develop strategies and best practices for all social and third-party platforms
- Extract actionable insights through analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets, and agreeing data sets and requirements for KPI tracking
- Develop a deep understanding of our 8 stations, understand what matters to the digital news business, and help editorial teams optimize
- Monitor industry trends and interpret the potential implications for the business
- Minimum three years of experience of developing analyses from digital data sources,
- Must have a minimum one year professional experience working with one or more of the following programs: Adobe Analytics, Comscore, Shareablee, Oracle, Google Analytics
- Demonstrated prowess in analytics, report building, and creating compelling presentations
- Experience in identifying, analyzing and presenting findings of data analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, proven ability to project plan and meet key milestones and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with business partners
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional Excel skills able to manipulate and work with large complex data sets
- Must be comfortable working both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Clear-thinking, creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- 3 or more years of experience in digital analytics, growth strategy, consulting/banking, or startups
- Experience in media, specifically local news
- BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.