Senior Analyst, Disney Accelerator (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 797066BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 04, 2021
- Planning, coordination, and execution of the Accelerator, from the pre-program stage and throughout its duration.
- Develop collateral materials (company one-sheets, progress dashboards, etc.) of Disney Accelerator companies prior to and during program.
- Engage with startup founder participants and plan activities, meetings, and events that drive them toward success.
- Capture learnings throughout the Disney Accelerator program, organize and present to Corporate Innovation leadership.
- Work with GM, Accelerator to support ongoing business development with Accelerator companies (e.g., capture and monitor next steps, facilitate conversations, track progress)
- Work with GM, Accelerator and Disney Legal team to organize structured deals for investment.
- Serve as a resource of information between Disney and portfolio companies.
- Conduct research and due diligence on potential opportunities
- 4+ years in a fast-paced project or program management-focused position.
- Calendar management - Coordinate the scheduling of corporate executives and founders in addition to talks, events, and general programming.
- Manage communications with executives for a professional, white glove experience.
- Powerpoint and Keynote proficiency.
- Results oriented, integrity first approach, high energy and a strong work ethic.
- A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems with high expectations is a must.
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities - no task is too small to create an incredible experience for everyone who interacts with the Disney Accelerator.
- Accelerator/Incubator, VC firm, and/or startup experience, a plus
- Strong interest in discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Strong Excel and data analysis skill set
- Familiarity with The Walt Disney Company and its various business units
- Detail oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven self starter
Required Education4-Year Degree
Additional Information:At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Corporate Innovation team at The Walt Disney Company is a highly visible corporate team of professionals who act as in-house consultants/strategists responsible for the identification, analysis, development and execution of corporate innovation initiatives. Specific activities include developing data-driven hypotheses, strategies, and tactics to develop new businesses; identifying, evaluating and negotiating equity investments; managing a portfolio of current investments; incubating or accelerating potential new businesses, assessing emerging market opportunities and fostering innovation within and across TWDC's businesses. The team's activities and accomplishments have contributed to the global strategy and success of The Walt Disney Company across its business units: Studio Entertainment, Media Networks, Direct-to-Consumer International, and Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
The Disney Accelerator is a corporate initiative centered around identifying startups that are relevant to one or more of The Walt Disney Company’s business units. Through investment and access to key decision makers, the Accelerator works with both the startup founders and the business units in order to foster opportunities for business development. Past Disney Accelerator participants include Epic Games, Kahoot! and BYJU’s
As a Senior Analyst on the Disney Accelerator team, you will participate in the identification of companies we will invest in, and work closely with the GM on the day-to-day strategy, analysis, planning and operations of the Disney Accelerator program. The responsibilities center on outreach and due diligence of companies, promotion and internal and external communication and coordination to help insure this continues to be a successful program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.