Senior Analyst, Global DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 737378BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
Department / Role Overview
The Global Development team is the business development and strategy team for Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products charged with systematically assessing long-term goals, growth opportunities and strategies that maximize value for the entire segment. The team’s work spans across all business units (e.g. theme parks, resort hotels, retail/dining and entertainment centers, cruise, timeshare, real estate, consumer products, strategic alliances etc.) and geographies (Asia, Europe and US). The role is highly visible with exposure to senior executives at The Walt Disney Company.
- Build models to evaluate demand, financial returns and scenarios for potential growth initiatives
- Drive qualitative and quantitative research efforts to support all analyses
- Contribute critical thinking by interpreting outputs and considering implications
- Help develop and deliver presentations for senior management throughout the Company
- Partner with Marketing/Consumer Insights, Revenue Management, Imagineering and Finance to gather internal data and execute work plan
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- 1-3 years of top tier investment banking, private equity or consulting experience
- Strong excel and financial modeling skills
- Top academic achievement
- Analytical and data-driven critical thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional group
- Self-starter with ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Bachelor Degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.