Senior Analyst - Global DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 781683BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 12, 2021
Are you passionate about Disney and the strategy behind our parks, experiences, and products? Do you want to play a role in creating and launching new businesses across the globe? Can you help our portfolio of best-in-class businesses continue to grow and innovate? Then join us in Global Development.
The Senior Analyst role applies ingenuity, creativity, and analytical skills in identifying and evaluating strategic opportunities across the segment. Senior Analysts are responsible for owning financial models, crafting and executing presentation storylines, and presenting to executive leadership. You will have the opportunity to lead incoming Analysts as well as work directly with Managers, Directors, and VPs.
Global Development is the in-house strategic consulting and business development group that supports Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. We are charged with assessing near- and long-term growth opportunities that maximize value for the entire segment. The team’s work spans across all business units (e.g., theme parks, hotels, cruise, retail, real estate, technology, and other major segment organizations) and geographies (US, Asia, Europe, and beyond). The team is highly visible in the organization with regular exposure to senior executives at The Walt Disney Company.
- Build financial models to evaluate demand, financial returns, and tradeoffs
- Develop presentations that capture financial analyses, strategic rationale, and industry trends
- Present to executive leadership
- Contribute critical thinking by interpreting outputs and considering implications
- Pitch new business ideas regularly to be considered by management
- Partner with internal Disney teams such as Imagineering, Marketing/Consumer Insights, Revenue Management, and Finance to analyze data and execute work plans
- Potential for some travel to international sites
- 1-3 years of top tier investment banking, private equity, or consulting experience
- Strong excel and financial modeling skills
- Analytical and data-driven critical thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional group
- Self-starter attitude with proven success in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Top academic achievement at premier universities
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.