Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Analyst , Tax FPA and ModelingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715791BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
The Senior Analyst, Tax FP&A and Modeling prepares and supports the income tax (rate and cash) forecasting for the Enterprise as well as cash tax forecasting for all tax types. This role also supports domestic planning for the Parks Experiences and Corporate segments. The role supports multiple clients (internal and external) and continuously balances multiple projects as we focus on process improvement and data driven analysis and decision making.
We promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology. This leader will focus on developing engaged tax professionals fit for the new, transformed finance organization.
Responsibilities:Candidate will report to the Manager, Tax FPA and Modeling and support the projects identified above. Candidate must be comfortable working directly with business units and external service providers. Candidate will also support ad-hoc analysis and special projects.
Position requires strong communication, interpersonal, project management skills and acute attention to detail. Candidate will support change and innovation by improving and building upon existing forecasting tools and models, integrating a significant acquisition, and supporting the move toward the Tax Function of the Future within Disney.
- Supports tax planning and forecasting models for the Company
- Prepares cause of change analysis (including effective tax rate and cash taxes) for tax forecasts
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Capable of working autonomously in fast-paced and changing environment
- Prepares tax planning and forecasting models for the Company
- Develop data pools and models to efficiently and effectively respond to leadership questions, initiatives and support tax positions.
- Conducts research on issues assigned.
- Supports special projects and process reviews.
- 2-4 years relevant work experience
- SAP and similar GL system, Workfront (project management tool), SharePoint
- CPA or MIS certification preferred
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Analytics, MIS or equivalent.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.